Welcome to the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel!
We are looking to hire a Sales Manager for our Sales Team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities.
- Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
- Conducts day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Achieves personal sales goals.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager;
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
- Proactively builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities could include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Engaging in Sales Activities
- Researches and develops new leads for property business.
- Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue potential.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
- Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
- Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
- Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year of experience in sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Paid Time Off (Accrual Basis)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Bonuses Available
- Employee Incentives
- Hotel Room Discounts
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
You must pass a criminal background check before starting the position.
Please submit a resume or apply within. Applicants must submit a resume by 1/17/20 to be considered for the position. We will be scheduling phone interviews with the department manager. Thank you for inquiring about the position. We hope to reach out to you soon!