Like other Hyatt locations, business travellers and vacationers will enjoy a stress-free, high touch experience but unique to this hotel is the owners’ philosophy behind its construction and management: an integration of comfort and earth-friendly technology. Hyatt Ottawa West is being built using an energy-efficient construction technique called tilt-up; its energy is drawn from the earth and solar panels; and management will embrace sustainable practices such as avoiding single-use plastic. Located in Bells Corners, Hyatt Ottawa West is scheduled to open in November 2020.
The successful candidate for our Director of Sales position will be a leader who inspires the team, demonstrates sound knowledge of the market and is a creative thinker.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
- Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three to five years of hotel sales experience, showing a progression in responsibility. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Fully bilingual French/English is preferred.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Previous experience in a pre-opening environment is preferred.
- Demonstrate initiative, energy, and creativity.
- Above average computer skills.