Position Summary: Performs repairs and preventative maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
• Perform and document preventive maintenance program according to brand standards.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
• Ensure that all guest rooms are rentable on a daily basis.
• Check and make repairs to plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
• Check and make repairs to electrical systems such as lighting systems, television sets and kitchen equipment.
• Perform repairs to building, furniture, bathrooms, guest rooms, etc., as needed; may perform painting tasks.
• Perform basic trouble shooting and repair of HVAC equipment.
• Ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and that preventive maintenance measures are performed to preserve the hotel and keep product quality to standard.
• Respond in a courteous manner to guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Respond in a timely manner to all work orders.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds; push and pull 100 pounds.
• Practice safety standards at all times and be alert to hazardous conditions. Report or correct any hazardous conditions immediately.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with Employee Handbook. Employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
• Wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
• Other duties as assigned, of which the employee is capable of performing.
• Will be asked to train new employees
• Must have a positive attitude
• High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years related experiences or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of standard practices in maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical components
• Willing to work all shifts including: weekends, holidays, evenings, and 24-hour emergency on call
• Valid driver’s license
• Must be able to access confined spaces - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott® Savannah Airport. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. You'll thrive at Residence Inn Savannah Airport with the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, one- and bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. A fully equipped kitchen ready for your favorite cuisine. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Free Internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Complimentary hot breakfast to start mornings off right and "The Mix" to end the day well. And, a fitness center for strengthening your body and soul. Relax and unwind when you want. And stay focused and productive when it's essential. At Residence Inn, we'll make sure you thrive during your stay.