Our associates enjoy competitive pay, great benefits including health/vision/dental, 401K program. Our Hampton Inn Hotel offers Hilton team member travel benefits which allows for discounted rooms based on availability to the employee and friends and family. Enjoy a culture where associates are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your talents with a Company that cares about You! Our company focuses on the things you care about: sustainability, community and wellness. Our company focuses on training and development, reward and recognition and overall fun working environment for all team members.
The 13-story Hampton Inn Brooklyn Downtown is at the foot of the Manhattan Bridge on the corner of Flatbush Avenue Extension and Tillary Street. A second tower with 145 guest rooms, a 23rd-floor Skyline Terrace and Brooklyn Suite opened in 2017. The hotel is just 20 minutes from the Barclays Center, three blocks from the MetroTech Center and convenient for such companies as JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Verizon and the Bank of New York.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g.,"room care"). • Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Maintain the building exterior and"curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction. • Exposure to extreme temperatures. • Operation of heavy machinery.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis. • Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to“pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments
- Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Lodgeworks staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
- In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
- The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Lodgeworks. Every Lodgeworks associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.