BPR Properties is searching for a creative and energetic individual to join our HR team! The Recruiter/HR Generalist will assist in the development, implementation, and administration of all Human Resource functions, mainly focusing on recruitment as well as general HR duties and associate relations activities relating to all hotel personnel. The Recruiter/HR Generalist will work closely with the Director of HR as well as various hiring managers and will source, identify, and interview qualified candidates to join our growing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively manage recruiting for assigned positions
- Use a variety of recruiting methods to source hard-to-find candidates
- Work closely with hiring managers to discuss hiring needs and prioritize as necessary
- Work with hiring managers to prepare job descriptions and postings
- Screen resumes and portfolios in various formats
- Conduct phone screens and provide feedback to hiring managers
- Schedule interviews
- Coordinate travel arrangements for candidate interviews
- Maintain positive relationships with candidates and act as the primary point of contact through the entire recruitment process
- Update candidate records in the
- Demonstrate a high level of
professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Generate and negotiate offers
- Coordinate and assist new hires with the relocation process
- Attend job fairs, conventions, and conferences
- Create and maintain relationships with universities and colleges to attract candidates
- Track, report, and analyze recruiting effectiveness
HR Generalist Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Director of HR to provide/support as needed on highly confidential human resource matters and special projects including the following, but not limited to, recruiting, compliance with statutory requirements, team member relations, performance evaluations, workers, affirmative action compliance, employment processes and support.
- Assist the Director of HR in ensuring compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations which pertain to HR by reviewing current management practices.
- Ensure compliance with Affirmative Action Plan and Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines and regulations.
- Coordinates and compiles documentation for external agency claims/complaints, grievances, arbitrations and provide information to Director of HR.
- Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; background checks, reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
- May assist in conducting, prompt, thorough, and well documented investigations of employee complaints.
- Oversee the background check and drug test programs.
- Provides customer service and promotes customer satisfaction by responding to team member questions, concerns, issues, and requests, researching, and resolving problems or errors, and following up to communicate resolutions
- Process employment verification on current and former employees for various agencies and purposes.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality at all times.
- Perform clerical duties such as sorting mail, filing and typing, operates variety of general office equipment.
- Create and maintain various reports as requested by management.
- Assist Director of HR with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- An effectual communicator verbally and well as through writing skills
- 2+ years of full life cycle recruiting
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
Excellent sourcing skills with the ability to build and maintain talent pipelines
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workflow
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Committed to a culture of diversity and equality
- Ability to operate under pressure in a high-volume office.
- General knowledge of applicable state and federal Human Resources laws and practices required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Ability to employ a sense of urgency to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, exhibit a high level of confidentiality and integrity while handling sensitive matters.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently.
- Possess interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Personal Attributes: Integrity, dependability, positive demeanor, presentation, adaptability/flexibility, stress tolerance, initiative.
- Very proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Be able to travel 25% of the time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED; Undergraduate degree or higher preferred.
- 2+ years experience in the Human Resources Field or related professional area.
- Experience in Hospitality Field is a plus.
ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
- Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.