You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical and skilled leader who will join our executive management team. You will lead the company's day-to-day business operations (managing the company budget, ensuring operational compliance is followed, and addressing administrative issues).
Supervise and oversee all front office, housekeeping, concierge, valet/bell, and public safety operations and personnel, to ensure all company and brand standards are met, and to ensure the highest revenues and guest satisfaction are achieved.
- Oversee all front office, housekeeping, guest relations, and related operations. Able to perform the department supervisory duties of each department.
- Audit property daily, noting positives and deficiencies. Following up with team supervisors to access training requirements.
- Perform required quarterly and annual QA audits with General Manager (GM).
- Ensure a viable key control program is in place.
- With GM, ensure compliance with key success factors.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA.
- Responsible for implementation and sustainability of hotel accident prevention programs.
- Perform suite inspections and defect list.
- Assist/ teach the team scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/ occupied room goals. Ensure staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA.
- Responsible for hotel accident prevention programs.
- Work closely with hotel maintenance department, to assist with maintenance and/or building issues.
- Daily balance of hotel inventory plus weekly sales strategy meeting with Director of Sales and Marketing (DoS&M) , GM, and Corporate Office
- Comply with corporate accounting procedures.
- Assist GM in developing hotel budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Utilize budgets to teach team supervisors to understand financial objectives.
- Assist GM in developing and communicating selling strategies, utilizing hotel inventory control and forecasting tools.
- Drive Guest Satisfaction Scores (GSS) by delivering brand standards and exceeding guest expectations.
- Respond to GSS comments daily.
- Be readily available and approachable for all guests.
- Assist team supervisors in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publish all GSS results in a timely fashion, including all GSS forms. Solicit feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ensure staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Thoroughly understand the brand service culture. Ensure that all team members and supervisors understand and deliver this philosophy.
- Understand, implement, and train team members on Quality Service Delivery.
- Continue to develop methods that allow the team to collect more immediate feedback from the guest.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the hotel and within company.
- Assist team supervisors in understanding Associate Opinion Survey (AOS)/ GSS results, developing game plans to attach need areas.
- Complete development plan for team supervisors focusing on continual learning. Assist the team supervisors doing in doing the same for each team member.
- Conduct one-on-ones with team supervisors/ members.
- Provide service training on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Know the hotel emergency plan, train, and implementation.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for providing service.
- Be readily available and approachable for all team members.
- Assist supervisors in understanding team members’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceed them.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
- Celebrate and foster decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
SALES AND MARKETING
- Assist GM and DoS&M in developing direct sales plan.
- Understand inventory, daily selling strategies, and revenue management.
- Ensure that all front desk associates understand hotel-selling strategies.
- Network during hotel social events to assist sales in uncovering new business leads.
- Stay current on local market conditions.
- Ensure property hiring practices comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Interview and assist in making hiring decisions. With input from the team supervisors conduct reviews in a timely fashion.
- Assist team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Schedule management team to include coverage of weekend and evening hours.
- Formulate personal development plan with GM.
- Carry out all reasonable requests of which you are capable of performing.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings, and hotel meetings.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the GM:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.