Responsible for providing janitorial and light maintenance support to the property and ensuring that internal and external premises are always clean and tidy. This position assists with preparing rooms for guests and ensures that public spaces both inside and outside of the property are clean and safe. Custodians should have a basic understanding of routine maintenance tasks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with rotating weekday and weekend shifts.
Essential Job Functions:
* Clean all public spaces throughout property including corridors, stairwells, guest laundry, lobby, public restrooms, and vending area.
* Clean exterior of property including waste disposal, trash pickup and light snow removal.
* Prepare rooms to be cleaned by housekeeping by removing soiled linen, moving furniture, trash, and conducting safety checks for pests and function of appliances.
* Handle minor maintenance issues or assist hotel Maintenance Tech with general maintenance needs.
* Assist guests with general questions and inquiries.
* Assist front desk or housekeeping during busy periods.
* Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned.
* Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions and demonstrates required knowledge and skills.
* Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
* Reliability: Can be depended upon to complete work properly and on time, trustworthy, and follows work rules and policies.
* Teamwork: Good team member, works well with others.
* Attendance: Consistency in coming to work on time, completing shifts, and demonstrates good attendance by working scheduled shifts.
* Communication/Professionalism: Interacts with guests, team members, vendors, and others both orally and written in a professional manner.
* Productivity: Produces high levels of outputs in a timely manner under normal and high-pressure conditions while following company procedures.
* Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
No supervisory responsibility for this position.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily work inside or outside the hotel. May involve working in small spaces, guest rooms, and public areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, and lifting.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs maximum with frequent lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds.
* Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position, however from time to time it may be a requirement of this position to visit other properties within their region.
Required Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 2-5 years of prior maintenance experience preferred.
* Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting, HVAC, masonry, and carpentry preferred.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
While staying at WoodSpring Suites Tampa Northeast, guests can enjoy the convenience of an extended stay hotel and the sense of home while traveling. In-room kitchens, in every suite, are complete with two-burner stove, large sink, microwave oven, ample counter and cupboard space, and full-sized refrigerator and freezer. Additional kitchen items available. Rooms allow for one-to-four guests with options including queen-sized beds, king-sized beds, and sofas. Guest laundry room available 24/7 with vending machines for snacks and drinks. Free basic wi-fi is available for every guest to ensure they can work, stay in touch, and browse the web. Fitness center available 24/7 for guests 18+. If guests need anything staff is available, even after the front desk is closed, to ensure comfort. Pet-friendly hotel (see policy overview below) and a 100% non-smoking hotel with smoke-free hotel rooms.
There is an opportunity for great savings of time and money for extended stay hotel guests that use their in-room kitchen for cooking and enjoying meals in WoodSpring Suites Tampa Northeast rooms. There are lots of options for grocery and retail shopping and options for meals and snacks out close to the hotel. Enjoy choices like, but not limited to, Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, IHOP, Publix Super Market, Casa Ramos Mexican, Papa John's, Jersey Mike's, Target, ALDI, Walgreens, Dollar Tree, Walmart Supercenter, Golden Corral, Applebee's, Bangkok Jazz Thai, and Hamburger Hill.
If visiting, working in, or moving to/within the Tampa area and needing a room for a few nights or more, consider WoodSpring Suites Tampa Northeast - an extended stay hotel with great rates, comfortable rooms, and a focus on guest comfort.