Responsible for providing janitorial and light maintenance support to the property and ensuring that internal and external premises are always clean and tidy. This position assists with preparing rooms for guests and ensures that public spaces both inside and outside of the property are clean and safe. Custodians should have a basic understanding of routine maintenance tasks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with rotating weekday and weekend shifts.
Essential Job Functions:
* Clean all public spaces throughout property including corridors, stairwells, guest laundry, lobby, public restrooms, and vending area.
* Clean exterior of property including waste disposal, trash pickup and light snow removal.
* Prepare rooms to be cleaned by housekeeping by removing soiled linen, moving furniture, trash, and conducting safety checks for pests and function of appliances.
* Handle minor maintenance issues or assist hotel Maintenance Tech with general maintenance needs.
* Assist guests with general questions and inquiries.
* Assist front desk or housekeeping during busy periods.
* Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned.
* Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions and demonstrates required knowledge and skills.
* Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
* Reliability: Can be depended upon to complete work properly and on time, trustworthy, and follows work rules and policies.
* Teamwork: Good team member, works well with others.
* Attendance: Consistency in coming to work on time, completing shifts, and demonstrates good attendance by working scheduled shifts.
* Communication/Professionalism: Interacts with guests, team members, vendors, and others both orally and written in a professional manner.
* Productivity: Produces high levels of outputs in a timely manner under normal and high-pressure conditions while following company procedures.
* Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
No supervisory responsibility for this position.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily work inside or outside the hotel. May involve working in small spaces, guest rooms, and public areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, and lifting.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs maximum with frequent lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds.
* Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position, however from time to time it may be a requirement of this position to visit other properties within their region.
Required Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 2-5 years of prior maintenance experience preferred.
* Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting, HVAC, masonry, and carpentry preferred.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
WoodSpring Suites Denver Centennial - Extended Stay Hotel in Centennial, CO in the Denver Tech Center
Located off Arapahoe Road - between I-25 and Route 83 - WoodSpring Suites Denver Centennial is a better kind of extended stay hotel with comfortable rooms for business travelers, Tech Center workers, vacationers, students, and military members, and those moving to/within the area. Weekly rates, monthly / long-stay rates, and nightly rates cost less, per night, the longer guests stay. Three suite styles, with queen-sized beds, and in-room kitchens. A 100% smoke-free hotel with pet-friendly hotel rooms. Fitness centerand laundry room available 24/7. All guests enjoy free basic wi-fi and free parking.
WoodSpring Suites Denver Centennial is an extended stay hotel in the Denver Tech Center that offers easy, quick access to the entire Denver metro area including:
A great blend of home-like comforts and hotel-like convenience, WoodSpring Suites Denver Centennial is an extended stay hotel that puts guest comfort first. Three guest rooms are available, all with queen-sized beds, a desk/table for working and eating, lots of space for resting, relaxing, and recharging, and in-room kitchens complete with stovetops, microwave ovens, full-sized refrigerator and freezer, and tons of cupboard and counter space as well as a prep sink. Additional items are available for purchase at the front desk. Some rooms also have leather love seats for another seating option. While our guest, all enjoy access to free basic wi-fi, free parking, 24/7 hotel laundry room and vending, and staff support. This hotel offers only non-smoking hotel rooms and is a 100% smoke-free hotel with pet-friendly hotel policies (see policy overview below).
Extended stay hotel guests will find a wide range of dining, shopping and grocery options near WoodSpring Suites Denver Centennial that include 2 Penguins Tap and Grill, Wendy's, Burger King, Fondue4U, Breads of the World, Sabor Mexican Grill, My Salad Chop, Chipotle, Noodles and Company, US Foods, Sonic Drive-In, Walmart Supercenter, Park Meadows Mall, Sam's Club, Kohl's, King Soopers, Dollar Tree, Chick-fil-A, IHOP, Target, Sprouts Farmers Market, Marshall's, CVS, Dick's Sporting Goods, Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers, Walgreen's, Qdoba, Village Inn, Kneader's Bakery and Cafe, and dozens more.
Traveling and moving - across town or the country - can be stressful, tiring, and very expensive. Not at WoodSpring Suites Denver Centennial. Our affordable weekly rates offer comfortable rooms with queen-sized beds, pet-friendly policies, free wi-fi, and second-to-none guest experience in the Denver Tech Center.While assistance / service animals are welcome at no additional charge (must be registered for staff awareness), this hotel allows pets and emotional support animals under the following conditions.