Work with WoodSpring Hotels – the nation’s fastest growing value extended stay hotel company – and our WoodSpring Suites and Value Place hotels. We need energetic and personable management professionals just like you to serve as Housekeepers at all of our hotels.
Housekeepers work a flexible work schedule four – six days per week. They perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks in the hotel, cleaning both guest rooms and public spaces, and at times performing the duties of Hotel Custodian or Night Guest Services Representative (GSR). Their work shift varies by day and week and depends upon which job they perform:
- Move-Out Cleans: this is deep cleaning when a guest checks out. Typically it takes 60-90 minutes to prep, clean, and reset a room to be rent ready
- Stay-Over Cleans: this is the service Housekeepers perform in hotels while the guest continues to stay with us.
- Public Spaces Cleans: this is typical janitorial work cleaning hallways, lobby, stairwells and routine landscaping maintenance
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobby, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to general manager
- Replenish room supplies, (toilet paper, soap, trash liners etc.)
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment, keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary
- These jobs require the employee to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend and kneel. The work pace is steady; the work schedule is flexible to meet the employee’s needs. These employees love to “make it shine”, they take pride in doing a good job, are careful to follow directions, check lists and process. They get along with others and like working on a team. In general CLEAN is a passion they have and take pride in delivering an exceptionally clean room.
- These jobs require the employee to be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend and kneel
- Work at a steady, sometimes demanding pace
- “Can do” personality and pride in work and work product
- Team player and responsibility sharer
- Quality Assurance/Inspection experience
- Hotel/Apartment/Cleaning Experience
- Ideally OSHA and Hazardous Waste Certification
Candidates are encouraged to apply, in person, at their desired work location. Find addresses and phone numbers here.
- Location: Varies (Indicate Desired Location During Application Process)
- Department: WHPM Operations or Franchisee
- Req. Number: 012510
- Income Range: $7.50 - $10.00/hour (Varies)