Responsible for providing janitorial and light maintenance support to the property and ensuring that internal and external premises are always clean and tidy. This position assists with preparing rooms for guests and ensures that public spaces both inside and outside of the property are clean and safe. Custodians should have a basic understanding of routine maintenance tasks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with rotating weekday and weekend shifts.
Essential Job Functions:
* Clean all public spaces throughout property including corridors, stairwells, guest laundry, lobby, public restrooms, and vending area.
* Clean exterior of property including waste disposal, trash pickup and light snow removal.
* Prepare rooms to be cleaned by housekeeping by removing soiled linen, moving furniture, trash, and conducting safety checks for pests and function of appliances.
* Handle minor maintenance issues or assist hotel Maintenance Tech with general maintenance needs.
* Assist guests with general questions and inquiries.
* Assist front desk or housekeeping during busy periods.
* Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned.
* Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions and demonstrates required knowledge and skills.
* Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
* Reliability: Can be depended upon to complete work properly and on time, trustworthy, and follows work rules and policies.
* Teamwork: Good team member, works well with others.
* Attendance: Consistency in coming to work on time, completing shifts, and demonstrates good attendance by working scheduled shifts.
* Communication/Professionalism: Interacts with guests, team members, vendors, and others both orally and written in a professional manner.
* Productivity: Produces high levels of outputs in a timely manner under normal and high-pressure conditions while following company procedures.
* Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
No supervisory responsibility for this position.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily work inside or outside the hotel. May involve working in small spaces, guest rooms, and public areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, and lifting.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs maximum with frequent lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds.
* Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position, however from time to time it may be a requirement of this position to visit other properties within their region.
Required Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 2-5 years of prior maintenance experience preferred.
* Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting, HVAC, masonry, and carpentry preferred.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
WoodSpring Suites St. Louis St. Charles is an extended stay hotel located on State Highway 94. The hotel is an ideal choice for business travelers, college students, health professionals and patients/families, those moving to and within the St. Charles/Northwest St. Louis area, military members, tourists and visitors to St. Louis and more. Weekly rates, monthly rates, low nightly rates, and extended stay hotel rates all get lower, per night, the longer guests stay. Room options include double-beds, sleeper sofas, pet-friendly hotel rooms, and access to free wi-fi and guest laundry and vending. Every room has in-room kitchens.
WoodSpring Suites St. Louis St. Charles provides convenient access for extended stay hotel guests to attractions including:
A new, better kind of extended stay hotel WoodSpring Suites St. Louis St. Charles offers the comforts of home, the ease of a hotel, and a great price for clean, comfortable suites. Pet-friendly room policy, guest laundry, and free wireless internet / free wi-fi are available to every guest. In-room kitchens, in every room, are complete with two-burner stove, microwave oven, full-sized refrigerator and freezer, prep sink, cupboard and counter space. A combination of double-/full-sized beds and sleeper sofas in three room layouts allow for one-to-four guests per room. Friendly and courteous staff is always available for guest support and expanded front desk hours make check-in faster and easier.
While there is a great opportunity for money and time savings for guests that use their in-room kitchens for meals, snacks, and food prep - there are ample options for groceries, shopping, dining, and grabbing a bite in the immediate area. Extended stay hotel guests at WoodSpring Suites St. Louis St. Charles can choose form choices like: Sonic Drive-In, White Castle, TGI Friday, Domino's Pizza (delivers), Deter's Frozen Custard, Jimmy John's, Dollar General, Walgreen's, Spiro's St. Charles, Walmart Supercenter, Sam's Club, Dollar Tree, Schnucks (grocery), Diebergs Markets (grocery), Save-A-Lot, Culpeppers, Ruler, Family Dollar, Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's, JJ's, Imo's Pizza, Kabab N Kurry, QuikTrip, Steak N' Shake, Cracker Barrel, Buffalo Wild Wings, Starbucks, Golden Corral, and more.