Responsible for providing janitorial and light maintenance support to the property and ensuring that internal and external premises are always clean and tidy. This position assists with preparing rooms for guests and ensures that public spaces both inside and outside of the property are clean and safe. Custodians should have a basic understanding of routine maintenance tasks.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with rotating weekday and weekend shifts.
Essential Job Functions:
* Clean all public spaces throughout property including corridors, stairwells, guest laundry, lobby, public restrooms, and vending area.
* Clean exterior of property including waste disposal, trash pickup and light snow removal.
* Prepare rooms to be cleaned by housekeeping by removing soiled linen, moving furniture, trash, and conducting safety checks for pests and function of appliances.
* Handle minor maintenance issues or assist hotel Maintenance Tech with general maintenance needs.
* Assist guests with general questions and inquiries.
* Assist front desk or housekeeping during busy periods.
* Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned.
* Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions and demonstrates required knowledge and skills.
* Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
* Reliability: Can be depended upon to complete work properly and on time, trustworthy, and follows work rules and policies.
* Teamwork: Good team member, works well with others.
* Attendance: Consistency in coming to work on time, completing shifts, and demonstrates good attendance by working scheduled shifts.
* Communication/Professionalism: Interacts with guests, team members, vendors, and others both orally and written in a professional manner.
* Productivity: Produces high levels of outputs in a timely manner under normal and high-pressure conditions while following company procedures.
* Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
No supervisory responsibility for this position.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily work inside or outside the hotel. May involve working in small spaces, guest rooms, and public areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, and lifting.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs maximum with frequent lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds.
* Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position, however from time to time it may be a requirement of this position to visit other properties within their region.
Required Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 2-5 years of prior maintenance experience preferred.
* Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting, HVAC, masonry, and carpentry preferred.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
A new, better kind of extended stay hotel - WoodSpring Suites Tampa Brandon is a great combination of hotel convenience and home comfort. Well-designed suites, all with in-room kitchens that are complete with microwave, stove, cupboard and counter space, full-sized refrigerator and freezer, and prep sink. Additional kitchen items are available at the front desk. Guests (groups from one-to-four people) will enjoy three suite layouts all with queen-sized beds, king-sized beds, and leather sleeper sofas that turn to single-sized pull-out beds for additional guest sleeping space. Tables and chairs allow guests to work and eat. Ample storage for everything. 100% smoke-free hotel has all non-smoking hotel rooms. Pet-friendly hotel rooms are available (see policy overview below). Large, flat-screen TVs including premium movie channels at no additional cost. Free basic wi-fi, free guest parking, and a guest laundry room and vending machines available at all times make guest feel at ease. Limited desk hours are supplemented with always on-site, always available staff for after hours check-in and urgent guest needs.
While using in-room kitchens to store and enjoy snacks and meals will maximize the value of WoodSpring Suites Tampa Brandon's extended stay hotel rates - there are lots of retail, grocery, food shopping and dining options nearby for guest ease. Culver's, Box of Cubans, TAIGA, and Westshore Pizza are all within walking distance. Wawa, Subway, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, China 1, Dunkin Donuts, McDonald's, Publix Super Market, Costco Wholesale, Target, Kohl's Brandon, Walmart Supercenter, LongHorn Steakhouse, Mellow Mushroom, Steak 'n Shake, First Watch - Brandon, Taco Bell, Chick-fil-A, Village Inn, Bonefish Grill, Waffle House, Golden Corral, Walgreen's, Applebee's, Hamburger Mary's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera Bread, The Cheesecake Factory, Chipotle, and Olive Garden are all within a mile as is Westfield Brandon, Plaza at Brandon Town Center, and Regency Square shopping malls. Additional options include, but are not limited to: Denny's, Bob Evan's, IHOP, Burger King, and Wendy's.
Moving to or visiting Brandon, Florida and the east Tampa, FL area? Consider WoodSpring Suites Tampa Brandon. 100% smoke-free, pet-friendly rooms all with in-room kitchens. Free parking, free basic wi-fi, guest laundry room available. Low, weekly rates, queen and king sized beds, and friendly staff make for an even greater value. WoodSpring Suites Tampa Brandon - It's Simple. Done Better.