This Team Member is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating numerous operational tasks within the Front Office, comprised of Front Desk and third party Bell, Valet and Door Team Members. This position reports to the Hotel Manager.
· Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Greets and registers guests.
· Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolves guest complaints.
· Assigns duties to workers, and schedules shifts.
· Coordinates Front Office activities of hotels, and resolves problems.
· Participates in financial activities such as the setting of room rates, the establishment of budgets, and the allocation of funds to departments.
· Confers and cooperates with other members of management and ensures coordination of hotel activities.
· Collects payments, and records pertinent data.
· Observes and monitors staff performance and ensures efficient operations and adherence to property’s policies and procedures.
· Trains Team Members.
· Manages VIP processes on property.
Directly supervises Team Members in the Front Office Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above personal interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
· Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
· Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies guest and Team Member feedback.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's or Associate’s degree from accredited college or university preferred; or related, progressive Front Office/Hospitality experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two or more years of supervisory or management experience strongly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an advanced knowledge of the Windows operating system and the Google suite of web applications. Proficiency in Opera PMS is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit.
The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
Sightline Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive culture. Sightline Hospitality does not discriminate on any basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
The Axiom Hotel is where history meets the digital revolution. Located at the foot of the Powell Cable Car Turnaround in San Francisco's Union Square and adjacent to SoMa, the epicenter of the city's growing tech community. Here you will discover the pulse of the digital age in San Francisco.
Our boutique hotel accommodations welcome those who desire a digital lifestyle delivered through seamless technology and elevated guest service. We are located in a century-old San Francisco building infusing classic architecture with electric modern design. You arrive and depart with the knowledge that you have truly experienced the “Center of Next.”
Our spacious accommodations are comfortable, functional, and modern – designed for the upward movers and forward thinkers. Rooms feature contemporary furnishings inspired by global modern design houses, minimalist lighting that creates a soft ambiance, and state-of-the-art amenities such as mobile device mirroring smart TVs, bedside charging options, in-room illy Espresso & Coffee and lightning fast fiber optic Internet access.