Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Complete opening and closing checklists.
· Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
· Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
· Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
· Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
· Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
· Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
· Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to chef on duty
· Inform chef on duty immediately of product shortages.
· Uses our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the chef or manager-on-duty.
· Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
· Date all food containers and rotate as per the BOH General Operating Procedures and Inventory SOPs, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
· Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
· Clean up station and take care of leftover food
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
· Report any safety issues to the chef on duty
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
· Must have a clean and neat appearance.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Comply with Halcyon Hotel Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Team Member Handbook.
Education & Experience:
· High school education or equivalent.
· Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying: Position regularly involves lifting food cases and metros weighing up to 70 lbs. Items include food, small equipment -75% of the time.
· Periodic climbing required. Bending of the knees does become necessary when using the lower oven for cooking, 5-10 times a day.
· Mobility -full range of mobility and the ability to travel 30-50 feet on a regular basis throughout the day.
· Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting, usually all day.
· Must have moderate hearing to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff. Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
· Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests. Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying.
· Available to work weekends, evenings and/or holidays
From our Kitchen Counter, where you’ll check in and probably want to stay awhile, to the truly unique Destination Amenities and Rooftop Pool Deck—Halcyon is unhooked from the ordinary in all the best ways.
Halcyon is the ultimate non-hotel situated in the heart of Denver’s Cherry Creek North neighborhood. Our 154 rooms blur the lines between hotel and gracious home with considered comfort, attention to detail, and an impressive collection of art.
Access to our fitness center
Healthcare-Medical, dental, Vistion
Paid time off