JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Banquets department in accordance with Westin Anaheim Resort standards. Coordinates all aspects of event operations from setup, service, strike and cleaning.Reviews and executes Event Orders for clients' functions. Achieves budgeted revenue, controls labor and expenses to achieve department profit goals. Demonstrates, trains and implements a high level of customer/client service and service standards.
- This position has 1 direct management reports and 20 hourly reports.
- You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws
- You will be responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references and new hire paperwork to company standard for all accounting staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- This position sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised. Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees. Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally reviews and evaluates performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under your supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for operating departments.
- Schedules staff to business levels and within budget parameters.
- Reviews with managers indirect staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work, policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service and operational standards; including feedback on even the smallest of service and operational details.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Oversee the purchasing of all Banquet operating supplies to established par levels.
- Coordinates, daily, weekly, monthly meetings with Banquet associates to review status of business, schedules, priority assignments, bookings and all information pertinent to the department operation.
- Schedules all banquet staff as required based on business and within budget & productivity assumptions.
- Attends all operational meeting to include; BEO Meeting, F&B meetings, etc.
- Complete reports, projects and paperwork as assigned on a timely basis.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading the quarterly inventory of banquet operating supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and finalize Banquet checks for clients and submit daily for income audit.
- Direct and monitor the performance of Banquet associates, ensuring that all procedures are followed; correct any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Responsible for organizing & supervising the cleaning and maintenance of all meeting space and banquet equipment.
- Responsible for achieving Guest Satisfaction (GSS) and Event Satisfaction Survey (ESS) goals.
- Coordinates with the Director of Catering & Convention Services and team to plan, manage and execute events.
- Communicate and coordinate the requirements of Group and Catering events with the Banquet and Culinary teams to execute events flawlessly.
- Communicate and coordinate Banquet Event Order requirements with other hotel departments and insure the smooth execution.
- Oversee event set-up, coordinate side duties and delivery times of equipment.
- Coordinate with PSAV for AV setup per the BEO.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth planning and execution of events.
- Responsible for implementation and adherence to all departmental policies and manuals, as related to the Banquet & Catering Department for implementation on the event floor, while ensuring compliance to the same for consistency across all groups.
- Develop partnerships with all accounts, vendors and internal staff.
- Creates and presents enhancement and upsell strategies to Director of Food and Beverage, Catering & Chef to impact revenues.
- Oversee the interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and counseling employees; addressing employee concerns and resolving problems.
- Assist in planning and executing special holidays, events and functions.
- Works close with Director of Catering & Events as well as Executive Chef.
- Maintain all back of house areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Insure to comply with all pandemic health criteria imposed by City, State and Federal mandates and ordinances.
- All other duties as required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize daily task list.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing name tags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
While performing the duties of this job it will require to:
- Must be able to tolerate temperature changes from hot to cold and cold to hot.
- Must be able to tolerate noise and vibration and a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, working on scaffolding and high places.
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch throughout the day and crawl occasionally.
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 30 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to push and pull up to 300lbs.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Required a minimum of three years as a Director of Banquets/Manager in a luxury/4 Diamond rated environment.
- Degree in Hospitality Management or a related field preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of food/wine and labor costing.
- Ability to apply creative solutions to practical problems and situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to remain flexible in determining a variety of problem-solving approaches. The employee must have the ability to maintain emotionally healthy composure and professionalism in stressful situations
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Availability; Must be able and flexible to work as required by business demands most specifically nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
We participate in E-Verify