Posted June 26, 2020Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort
JOB OVERVIEW: To deliver exceptional, professional, nurturing and relaxing hair styling, nail, facial and waxing services to spa guests while being a productive and active team member of the Spa.
REPORTS TO: Spa Director/ Spa Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Call and confirm each shift (appointments) you are scheduled for. Arrive 15 minutes prior to first appointment scheduled for the day. Check schedules throughout the day for changes.
2. Greet guest with a smile, maintain eye contact and use guest’s name.
3. Ensure that the guest has a full understanding of the service and is comfortable prior to beginning treatment. Do not diagnosis physical ailments or give advice in regards to medical concerns.
4. Provide quality, safe, consistent and ethical massage to all guests. During the service, check with the guest two times to assure guest’s comfort and pressure of massage
5. Interact with guests and fellow team members in a friendly and service oriented manner. Offer each guest water at the end of their service.
6. Clean work areas when finished with treatment, keeping it clean and prepared for the next guest and staff member. Treatment rooms are always left in a clean presentable fashion as tours are given throughout the day.
7. Complete each service within the designated time for the quoted price. Inform guest of added costs and services before performing them.
8. Clean work areas when finished with treatments, keeping it clean and prepared for the next guest and staff member. Salon and stations are always left in a presentable fashion as tours are given throughout the day.
9. Adjust chair height for correct ergonomic working standards.
10. Remove soiled linens after each treatment, take to laundry by end of shift and replenish room stock.
11. Abide by all Florida State Board of Cosmetology regulations and guidelines.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons. Current Florida Cosmetology License. Minimum of 1 years professional Nail / Salon experience preferred.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
A quintessential Florida vacation destination, our hotel is nestled along the historic St. Andrews Bay, with a distinct coastal experience as the only AAA Four Diamond rated hotel in Panama City Beach.
A water lover’s paradise, the beauty of the Emerald Coast is at your fingertips at the Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort. Dig your toes in the white sands of our bay beach and relax along the shore or make a splash with a trip to Shell Island or a wave runner rental. Boat excursions include a day sailing aboard the Footloose Catamaran on a snorkel/dolphin cruise or captain your own pontoon boat rental for a day of fun in the sun with the whole family.