Posted June 19, 2020Hilton Garden Inn Columbus (GA)
Exciting Hotel Food & Beverage Manager opportunity with an Exciting Hotel
Exciting career opportunity with our management company in the Columbus GA areas. Our Managers are expected to be entrepreneurial, self-starters that thrive on achieving results well above that of the competition. Responsible for managing the hotel's culinary, Restaurant, Banquet & catering aspects of the operation and maintaining established cost, quality and guest service standards in order to ensure superior service and maximize profits and property results. We are seeking hardworking, dedicated, service/results-oriented Individual.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the Food & beverage related activities of the hotel including but not limited to Culinary, Catering, Beverage, Banquets and special events.
• Provide training for all staff and meet corporate / brand quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion controls, recipes and sanitation.
• Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
• Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food preparation areas including preparation for all food items, receiving daily inventories, and food cost report.
• Control food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
• Work with General Manager and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
• Develop proper training and direction of departmental staff in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
• Coordinate all par stock levels; monitor and assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
• Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
• Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner including but not limited to Wages, Payroll, Revenue, Schedules and Quarterly Action Plans.
• Conduct staff performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Review and approve weekly payroll.
• Coordinate and monitor all Loss Prevention in the kitchen area.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards and scheduling which will vary according to needs of the hotel.
• Must be consistently on time.
• Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
• Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
• Recruit, Train, and Supervise wait staff and bartenders. Assign servers to their table and manage the dining room. Properly resolve guest complaints and provide them with 100% satisfaction. Prepare weekly scheduling to insure proper floor coverage.
• Be able to converse with guests face to face and be sincere and genuine to their needs and concerns. Maintain proper dining room setup. Conduct inventories of stock.
• Assign in menu planning, scheduling live entertainment and marketing/advertising campaigns.
Culinary degree preferred
*Previous supervisor responsibility
* Thorough knowledge of food handling and preparation techniques of large catered functions
* Knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations
* Availability to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends and holidays
* Excellent organizational and communicational skills
* Must have the ability to assist in creating and developing new, creative menus
Valid food handler certification required
• 2- 5 years in a high-volume Culinary/management position preferred
• Hotel Culinary experience preferred
• High Volume a A La Carte and Banquet Experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Our Hilton Garden Inn Columbus hotel in Columbus, GA is convenient to the Columbus Metropolitan Airport, the Columbus Georgia Convention and Trade Center, the Columbus Iron Works, and Fort Benning graduations. Tucked away in a quiet cul-de-sac by a pond and only minutes from companies, dining and entertainment our North Columbus, Georgia hotel is in the Brookstone Center Office Park close to I-185.
With a tree-lined drive and waterfalls, scenic pond and wedding arch, our Columbus, Georgia hotel is perfect for graduation parties and as a wedding venue. Whether it’s an outdoor wedding or a Fort Benning graduation party, our Columbus, GA hotel is here to serve.