This beautiful new Westin being built as an integral part of the Arizona State University Campus and business community is scheduled to open in 2021. We are now accepting applications from highly qualified individuals for the General Manager role.
Create and maintain customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision that inspires the hotel associates to do their best. Oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with hotel's profitability goals.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, dictating memorandums and orally communicating with guests, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc. Critically review reports of occupancy, revenue etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Formulate complex reports. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
2. Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management team.
3. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
4. Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Crescent and hotel. Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
6. Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
7. Travel to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development and Standards committee.
8. Appropriate handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Crescent policies.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Prior experience as a full-service General Manager preferred.
Working knowledge of financial/accounting procedures.
Ability to work AM and PM shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Ability to be flexible with constantly changing environment.
Brand experience preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations.
Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Tempe, AZ 85281
290 Room Hotel
The multi-million-dollar hotel sits on a +/- .85-acre parcel in the heart of Downtown Tempe. The 18-story, 290-room hotel is planned to feature state-of-the-art guest rooms and corridors, with custom-designed elements and artwork, as well as energy conservation practices. The Westin Tempe hotel will also feature a rooftop pool lounge, the brand’s signature WestinWORKOUT fitness studio, full-service restaurant, and coffee shop. Additionally, more than 14,000 square feet of convention space and meeting rooms will be a magnet for events in the Tempe area. With Westin’s signature wellness initiatives offered for travelers and local residents alike, the hotel is poised to set a new standard for well-being in the region.