The Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, located at 7000 Bluebonnet blvd, is now hiring for an Executive Chef.
The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel’s food
production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. The
Executive Chef is expected to provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce
food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Chef must control food and labor costs
while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• A 2-year, 3-year, or 4-year culinary degree and at least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
• Previous supervisor responsibility is required.
• Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws
Essential (partial list):
• Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
• Coordinate all par stock levels.
• Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
• Direct and train all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all outlets.
• Create menus for prospective clients.
• Review and approve weekly payroll.
• Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
• Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, receiving daily inventories, log-on report
and food cost report.
• Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
• Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
• Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage progress, payroll, revenue,
employee Schedules, quarterly action plans.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
• Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
• Conduct staff performance review in accordance with Expotel Hospitality Service standards.
• Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal
• Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
• Work with the Director of Food and Beverage to create and implement menus.
Blending Southern hospitality, luxurious decor and comfortable amenities, Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel is the perfect place to explore South Louisiana from. Only minutes away from the Mall of Louisiana, LSU campus, the Country Club of Louisiana and Perkins Rowe, our hotel makes it easy to shop, dine and discover entertainment in the area. After getting a good night's sleep in our opulent accommodations, take advantage of the modern amenities we offer including flat-panel TVs and room service. You can also grab a delicious meal from our on-site restaurant. Tallulah provides an upscale dining experience and offers over 32 wines by the glass. Hosting a corporate conference or wedding reception soon? Our hotel boasts 12,685 square feet of meeting space, expert event planners, an array of AV equipment and custom catering options. From boardrooms to ballrooms, we have the right event venue for you. Whether you're in town to conduct business or for a celebration, indulge in luxury at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel.