JOB OVERVIEW: The Assistant Director Housekeeping works closely with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure efficient operation of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with the Hotel’s standards as well as leading the entire Housekeeping Department including rooms front/back of house public areas and laundry.
- Manage directly approximately 2 Housekeeping Supervisors and 60 Hourly.
- Responsible for supervision of employee performance and developmental coaching.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, process references and new hire paperwork to company standard for all Housekeeping staff in compliance with state and federal laws and company policy.
- Sets specific goals and objectives for all the employees supervised and ensure all are met.
- Establishes and communicates performance criteria to all employees.
- Establishes and reinforces specific performance goals with subordinate employees and provides timely feedback.
- Formally review and evaluate performance goals and objectives on a regular basis of all employees under supervision.
- When appropriate and needed, disciplining and creating performance improvement plans for employees, and when necessary terminating employees under your supervision for performance related issues.
- Maintain proper staffing levels for all operating departments.
- Schedules staff to business levels and within budget parameters.
- Reviews with managers indirect staff schedules on a weekly basis to ensure business needs and budgeted levels are being met.
- Communicate with team members both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing in details of work, policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Provide timely, real-time feedback to management and hourly associates on service, operational standards, OS&E specifly; select and purchase, including feedback on all operational details.
Assistant Director of Housekeeping Responsibilities
- Adhere and have a complete understanding of the COVID-19 Policies, Porcedures, legislation and Marriott Commitment to Clean initiative.
- Comply with all Marriott brand standrads and programs
- Assist the Director in ensuring cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms in accordance with federal, local and company health, sanitation and safety standards
- Maintain all required AAA Four Diamond cleanliness and service standards
- Plan, distribute, delegate and direct daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work assignments
- Inspect public areas and guest rooms to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards
- Assist the Director of Housekeeping in the administration of systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company.
- Able and willing to clean guest rooms, public areas, and assist where needed.
- Great knowledge of cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally or in written form.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to all aspects of suite.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
- Position requires to work a varied schedule that may include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience and clear understanding operating a Four Diamond Resort preferred.
- Understanding of AAA Standards.
- Experience in the hospitality industry required.
- 2-3 years experience as a housekeeping manager.
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time and occasionally kneeling.
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
- Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish preferred; both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
We participate in E-Verify