Gillette, Wyoming Ramada Plaza, proudly managed by National Hospitality Services, is conveniently located with easy access to Interstate 90, the upscale Ramada Plaza hotel is near popular area attractions, including Keyhole State Park, disc golf at Dalby Memorial Park and Gillette Thunder Speedway. This Gillette, WY hotel is less than one mile from the Powder River Coal Company.
The maintenance person is responsible for providing an attractive, clean, safe and well-maintained property, using a systematic approach that maximized guest satisfaction and remaining within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair interior and exterior of the building, guest rooms, meeting rooms, laundry, lighting, HVAC, ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pool.
- Inspect all operating systems and components of the hotel to ensure they are operating properly, efficiently and safely.
- Communicate and enforce all hotel policies and procedures.
- Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
- Maintain a clean and organized maintenance shop and for the security of hotel inventory.
- Assist all guests in a sincere and courteous manner, whenever possible going the extra mile and doing whatever it takes to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Understand and respond to customers’ needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Perform preventative maintenance of all mechanical/electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing systems.
- Maintain cleanliness of hotel grounds.
- Assist with hotel security to minimize risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Able to accept directions and priorities from members of management and reliably follow through on tasks.
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to work with machinery both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
compensation: $11 - $12