The Hotel Room Attendant is under direct supervision of the Hotel Housekeeping Supervisor, transfers clean and dirty linens and trash to/from laundry and room attendants cart. Assists with stocking other items as needed within the hotel. Ensures cleanliness of Hotel Guest Rooms, Banquet Rooms and common areas. Responsible for moving furniture, boxes, stocking and re-stocking shelves, and trash removal.
This position description may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found or assigned to this position.
- Provides excellent internal and external guest services, treating internal and external guests with courtesy and consideration at all times.
- Cooperates and communicates with all fellow employees, always exhibiting mutual respect and consistently projecting a positive, helpful image/attitude.
- Makes efforts to keep informed of company information and communications by reviewing property bulletin boards, digital signage, and company newsletter.
- On an individual basis or in a group format, explains why, shares information, and communicates the purpose of decisions to applicable staff.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with other Company staff and all applicable regulatory commissions and other agencies as may be applicable to ensure compliance.
- Performs all duties in accordance with company core values, objectives of the Osage Nation, internal policies and procedures, as well, as applicable laws and gaming regulations, including but not limited to, the state-tribal compact, IGRA, MICS, ONGR, the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, USA Patriot Act and Privacy Act.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Six months experience in customer service or hospitality preferred.
Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and obtain and maintain an Osage Nation gaming license.
Required to provide documents to show the applicant is eligible to work in the United States.
Osage, Native American, and Veteran preference shall apply to all positions at Osage Casinos.
Applicants must be able to perform all essential functions of job duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language. Read Company or departmental reports, newsletters, and documents.
- Protect the Company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Perform assigned tasks under moderate supervision. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of applicable safety hazards and procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal sanitation laws.
- Ability to safely use cleaning products and cleaning machinery.
- Ability to work timely and provide thoroughness.
- Ability to learn methods of cleaning and caring for the hotel building.
- The employee is also regularly required to stand for extensive periods of time, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Ability to sit, stoop, kneel, crawl, balance, or crouch while performing duties.
Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to use arms to reach and lift above shoulders.
- Must have normal auditory and good verbal communication.
- Ability to lift, drag, push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires heavy exertion in daily activities. Required to lift or move upwards of 50 pounds.
Work is generally performed in a Hotel setting. Exposure to second-hand smoke.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
- Evening and/or weekend shifts may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.
- Employee may be exposed to blood/bodily fluids.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult people.
- The employee may be exposed to risks associated with the use of tools/machinery or chemical hazards.
Applicants must already be authorized to work in the US and must be able to obtain and maintain a casino license in the state of Oklahoma.