Responsible for completing maintenance and repair work at the property that includes maintaining and repairing equipment and the structure of the hotel within company and brand standards. This position may be required to clean public spaces or assist with other position workloads based upon business needs.
Works closely with General Manager (GM) to plan and prioritize workload in accordance with company and brand standards.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time benefit eligible position with occasional on-call requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Interior and exterior painting, repair damaged walls and dry wall, replaces windows, hangs cabinets, repairs kitchen counters, installs carpet, base board and vinyl tiles.
- Removes damaged appliances and installs replacement microwaves, sinks, refrigerators, and stove tops.
- Performs general carpenter related tasks as well as landscaping and parking lot repairs.
- Assists with completion of the preventative maintenance checklist and completes minor repair work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, lighting fixtures, etc. to maintain the hotel and keep product quality to standard.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- PTAC repair/replacement, hot water heater repair, commercial washer/dryer repair.
- Assists in checking electrical systems such as PTAC, light switches, electrical panels, television sets, lighting systems, and makes minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assists in checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- From time to time this position may assist the GM with errands including taking the daily bank deposits to the bank when the GM is out and making purchases at local stores for supplies or equipment.
- This position will participate in property safety checks at their hotel.
- Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions and demonstrates required knowledge and skills.
- Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reliability: Can be depended upon to complete work properly and on time, trustworthy, and follows work rules and policies.
- Teamwork: Good team member, works well with others.
- Attendance: Consistency in coming to work on time, completing shifts, and demonstrates good attendance by working scheduled shifts.
- Communication/Professionalism: Interacts with guests, team members, vendors, and others both orally and written in a professional manner.
- Productivity: Produces high levels of outputs in a timely manner under normal and high pressure conditions while following company procedures.
- Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
No supervisory responsibility.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily work inside or outside the hotel. May involve working in small spaces, guest rooms, and public areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs or ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping, pushing, and lifting.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs maximum with frequent lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position, however from time to time it may be a requirement of this position to visit other properties within their region.
Required Education and Experience
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of prior maintenance experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, painting, HVAC, masonry, and carpentry.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have own basic tools such as hammers, drills, screwdrivers, etc.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.