GENERAL PURPOSE To assist and develop hardware throughout the various stages of a project including requirements gathering, documentation, design, and testing phases. It is essential that the candidate demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit to help create compelling and differentiating solutions to address the growth initiatives of the company.
- Design, simulate, and troubleshoot analog, digital, mixed-signal, and power circuits
- Perform worst case analysis and simulations to ensure compliance to systems requirements
- Identify and work with suppliers for material and design definition
- Create product verification plan and perform testing and hardware checkout
- Support electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), validation testing, and failure analysis
- Advance technology and prove out new product concepts
- Support product design reviews
- Write functional specifications, hardware test plans, and design documentation
- Create and maintain schematic and assembly drawings and release within the change management structure
- Define systems-level product qualification testing, life testing and in-process manufacturing inspection
- Work effectively cross-group and cross-discipline
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the staff
- Present product design, analysis, and testing to customers
- Desire to quickly understand and adopt emerging test methodologies with a passion for quality
- Perform other related duties as required
Reports To: President???????
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of design and commercial development experience, a plus
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- PC proficiency in excel, word and outlook
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have the ability to analyze information and resolve issues
- Some experience in embedded systems hardware design is considered a plus
- Some technical project management experience is desirable
- Experience with popular printed circuit board layout software tools (PADS, Mentor, etc.)
- Proven track record of bringing quality products to market on time and within budget
- Experience in medium or high volume production environment
- Experience with high speed circuit board layout on mixed-signal boards
- Proficiency with relevant lab instrumentation (scopes, spectrum analyzers, digital multi-meters, logic analyzers, network analyzers, etc.)
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, and productive with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Thorough design knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuitry, with deep expertise in one or more of the following: sensor technologies, CMOS camera/video drive circuitry, power circuitry (buck and boost regulators), automatic gain control circuitry, and noise immunity/suppression circuitry.
Must be able to sit and stand for periods of time and to lift a min of 75lbs.
Wells Gardner Technologies, Inc. provides equal opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other category protected by law.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.