At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
- In conjunction with the EVS Supervisor directs and monitors environmental services staff in the care and cleaning of the gaming equipment exterior, floors, walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, door panels, sills, corridors, elevators, stairways, ashtrays, fixtures, furniture, restaurant, kitchens, lobbies, lounge, and restrooms in all gaming and non-gaming areas of the casino property.
- Assists in development and implementation of the cleaning program for window care, carpet care, floor care, general cleaning, deep cleaning, sanitizing and use of cleaning chemicals and cleaning equipment.
- Keeps current and available to staff all safety related and compliance related material, including material safety data sheets (MSDS) and OSHA guidelines.
- Directs and coaches environmental services staff on the proper times and techniques for removal of garbage, trash, and cardboard.
- Conducts team staff meetings and attends supervisory staff meetings when directed.
- Provides continuing training and retraining of EVS staff.
- Trains team members in equipment care and use.
- When directed supervises the operation of industrial floor care equipment and other equipment used by staff.
- Works with the supervisor to prepare work schedules, monitors attendance and work performance of environmental services staff.
- Refers all counseling, disciplinary action(s) and performance issues to the supervisor.
- When directed outlines and prioritizes environmental services projects.
- Works in conjuction with the supervisor in requisition of equipment and materials for environmental services projects.
- Monitors customer (internal and external) satisfaction with environmental services tasks.
- Works in conjunction with the supervisor to evaluate employee performance.
- Monitors proper use of building equipment and tools with emphasis on safety.
- Ensures compliance with Tribal, State, Federal, and NIGC regulations.
- Ensures control/protection of company assets.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One year experience as an EVS attendant or technician at Angel Of The Winds or equivalent experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer relations and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, lead and delegate assigned duties in a team atmosphere.
- Working knowledge and understanding of MSDS, OSHA requirements, and biohazard clean up and disposal.
- Working knowledge in safety procedures related to environmental services duties performed.
- Ability to train staff on floor machines, chemical use, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and equipment instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Skills in identifying and resolving problems under adverse conditions.
- Knowledge of a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, special events and holidays as required.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B and Class A gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must provide a signed release allowing the company to obtain your driving abstract in order to show proof of good driving record.
- Must be able to be insured to drive company or customer vehicles by the company insurance carrier.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement daily with sedentary work, occasional bending and crouching. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.