We are seeking a Full Time or Part Time Food & Beverage Programming Culinary Specialist to join our team. The Culinary Specialist is accountable for facilitating culinary programming in the form of hands-on instruction, workshops and lectures as well as providing one-on-one consultation services to help Miraval guests discover balance and nurture wellbeing. This includes
leading culinary classes on a weekly schedule including but not limited to sauce-making, knife-skills, and tasting demonstrations. Ability to create, inspire and prepare dishes from our array of local ingredients and provide background information on these dishes during a Chef’s choice nightly dinner is strongly preferred. Basic wine knowledge is preferred but not required. We are looking for a creative mind with the desire to learn, teach and provide exceptional and personable classes with the concepts of mindfulness and well-being at the forefront.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package including:
- Robust PTO.
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time colleagues.
- Free parking and colleague meal.
- Complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
- Use of facilities, ability to participate in classes, and discounts on Spa services.
- 401(k) and ESPP.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- Provide a variety of lectures, workshops and classes for Miraval guests
- Provide one-on-one guest consultations on lifestyle issues
- Maintain materials used in facilitation of programs
- Develop new curriculum, as well as manage changes and improvements to existing programs based on current research
- Manage attendance numbers for facilitated classes
- Participate in additional Miraval programs as needed
- Must be able to respond to a wide variety of individual guest needs in the areas of lifestyle management:
- be familiar with health and wellness issues and be able to respond appropriately
- be familiar with community, national and international resources for a variety of guest needs
- be able to relate empathically and helpfully to individual guests
- be able to meaningfully facilitate groups and workshops
- possess good communication and public speaking skills
- understand, practice and model mindfulness
- Fulfills marketing requests (article requests, blog posts, etc.)