At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values; Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
- Cleans and sanitizes all assigned areas in accordance with company policies, county, state and federal health requirements including Hotel: offices, lobby, rooms, corridors, elevators, and stairways.
- Operates industrial floor care equipment and other equipment related to this work.
- Assists in repairing and maintaining physical structure of hotel.
- Maintains air quality in room but using O-zone related equipment to remove odors.
- Performs all high cleaning as required on the interior and exterior of the Hotel.
- Deep cleans tile showers, bathroom floors, upholstered furniture and draperies.
- Repairs grout, caulking, etc. as needed to maintain clean and sanitary conditions.
- Performs carpet extraction and, hard floor striping and waxing.
- Picks up trash around the exterior of building, and the parking lot.
- Stocks, maintains and secures all storerooms with all needed supplies and equipment.
- Uses ladder or scissor lift to reach high areas for cleaning.
- Works in a manner which will cause the least amount of disturbance to the guests, observing guest privacy and requests.
- Records and reports any major maintenance problems found and reports to the maintenance and EVS supervisor or manager.
- Will become a Certified Operator of all Mechanical Lifts utilized here at the casino and well as become a Certified Forklift Operator.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional guest service and communication skills required.
- At least one month related experience is required.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment, including Lifts of all varieties and Forklifts.
- General understanding of MSDS, OSHA requirements, and biohazard clean up and disposal.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of floor care and cleaning equipment preferred.
- Ability to become a Certified Forklift Operator and a Certified Operator of a variety of Mechanical Lifts.
- Maintains housekeeping equipment including carts, vacuums, sweepers, extractors, buffers, etc. by replacement of parts, electrical cords, brushes, belts, wheels, and other components.
- Maintenance skills including but not limited to grout work, sealants, plumbing, electrical and mechanical.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class A gaming license with the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency (TGA) and the State of Washington.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to be insured to drive company or customer vehicles by the company insurance carrier.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required Operator Certifications including an Angel of the Winds’ Certified Forklift Operator’s License (ANSI Standards WAC 296-863 and OROSHA 1910.179) for Class I and Class IV forklifts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires repetitive movement with the ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis.