To assist the Lead Maintenance Technician in the functioning of the hotel. Performs repairs and preventative maintenance work to ensure the hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained. Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following LBA standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. PRE REQUISITES
Maintenance associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore maintenance associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Working knowledge of: electricity, ac and plumbing along with a working knowledge of preventative maintenance.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
The essential function of the Maintenance Technician is to make sure all mechanical areas of the hotel are operating correctly while working within the preventative guidelines set forth by The Company. Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking and communicating. For this position specifically:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to push or pull 100 pounds and lift and/or carry 60 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, climb ladders, crawl, kneel and be low to the ground when necessary, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- The methods, practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in a variety of building and mechanical trades.
- Occupational hazards in the use of power tools and equipment, and of necessary safety precautions.
- Repairs and maintenance of furniture and fixtures within the hotel.
- Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
- Guidelines for training checklist of areas to be maintained.
- Follow The Company procedures and policies.
- Use and care of hand and power tools and equipment appropriate to the area assignment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs as well as general maintenance on property grounds.
- Assist with guest issues, be professional and maintain a hospitable caring attitude.
- Maintain guest privacy.
- Respond to all maintenance work orders in a timely manner.
- Perform general minor repairs to in house plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, kitchen equipment and HVAC systems.
- Ability to diagnose malfunctions and defects in mechanical and similar equipment and to determine adequate corrective measures.
- Communicate effectively with staff and upper management.
- Practice Safety Standards at all times.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Comply to all standards.
- Remain service centric.
- Communicate professionally with guests and co-workers.
- Computer knowledge is helpful.
- Work unsupervised and follow all guidelines.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain facility using consistent preventative maintenance guidelines.
- Ensure all maintenance equipment is in working order.
- Perform tasks as assigned: preventative maintenance, repairs, complete documentation.
- Assist with houseman duties when assigned.
- All other duties as assigned and within the realm of physical capabilities.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
- Standing, bending, stretching, walking for long periods of time.
- Maintain a friendly professional image.
- At times will have to work shifts and weekends.
The next step for this position is in a training capacity for other Maintenance Technicians or a Lead Maintenance Technician. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparations for further promotion. Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.