At Angel of the Winds, the World’s Friendliest, Casino Resort we require all employees to provide exceptional guest service with a positive and out-going attitude. We value all guests and team members through our guiding values: Welcoming, Engaged, Accountable, Customer Experience, and Team. We have a commitment to understand, define, and deliver what our guests want and represent our company by being professional and courteous to all.
• Ensure cleaned and sanitized kitchens, F&B storage facilities, bars, and employee dining room. Including tiles, walls, ceilings, floors and cooking equipment, following all food safety, sanitation, HACCP guidelines.
• Responsible for supervision and training of Stewarding Team members
• Responsible for monitoring pest control programs throughout all F&B locations.
• Responsible for monitoring all chemical dispensers and taking necessary action as needed.
• Track and log of all chemicals and protective equipment issued to each steward during their shift.
• Ensure stewards are using the appropriate protective tools and or equipment when dealing with any kind of chemical according to the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Responsible for the proper storage and organization of all chemicals and equipment.
• Ordering and inventory of all equipment and chemicals for stewarding dept.
• Responsible for the hiring, training and scheduling of stewarding dept.
• Reports all Maintenance needs and/or issue to Executive Chef or Stewarding Manager in a timely manner.
• Uses all kitchen equipment following proper procedures and training.
• May transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
• Coordinates the set up and tear down of banquet events.
• Maintains inventory levels of banquet equipment and small wares.
• Ensures all equipment, small wares and silver ware are cleaned and polished for each event.
• Follows all food safety, sanitation, and HACCP guidelines as necessary.
• Attends all mandatory department, casino and/or training meetings.
• Follows all department and casino policies, procedures, and regulations as required.
• Ensures compliance with Tribal, State, Federal, and NIGC regulations.
• Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional guest service skills required.
• Three years Food and Beverage Operations related experience and/or training helpful; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication decision making and problem solving skills.
• Serv-safe Certification preferred, MSDS and HACCP knowledge preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B gaming license from the Stillaguamish Tribal Gaming Agency and Washington State.
• Knowledge of Chemical Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Washington State health card (food worker card).
• Valid driver’s license or photo ID.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral and written communication. The position requires exerting and/or lifting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently requires working in walk-in refrigerators and freezers at temperatures as low as -10F. Requires repetitive movement with the ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift. There are no adverse conditions, but employee is exposed to tobacco smoke on a regular basis. This is a 24 hour, 7 days a week work operation.