Plans, directs, or coordinates all aspects of the hotel property including staffing, operations, and customer satisfaction. Oversees property maintenance and appearance. Monitors all operating costs, budgets, and forecasts.
Familiar with a variety of hospitality concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads the work of others.
- Recruits, hires, and trains quality staff.
- Manages all hotel staff, including creating work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Submits all personnel paperwork, including drug test results and I-9s, in a timely manner.
- Approves time and attendance records, ensuring employees are clocking in and out properly. Ensures employees acknowledge / approve that all hours worked have been recorded.
- Reviews and approves property payroll daily. Ensures timely submission of approved timecards to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
- Conducts performance reviews for team members and follows progressive disciplinary process to correct team member performance deficiencies.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Manages the hotel in accordance with the business plan and budget.
- Develops, administers, and reviews property revenue and expense budgets each day.
- Authorizes direct bill accounts and monitors the administration of Accounts Receivable. Maintains AWR to target by controlling discounts and ensures guest payments are made on time.
- Develops and maintains rapport with competitive properties, City Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, lead sources, business partners, clients, etc. Responsible for knowing area attractions and services in order to accommodate guests’ needs.
- Maintains hotel operations consistent with Brand Standards. Inspects rooms, public spaces, and storage areas daily to ensure all rooms and public spaces are guest ready and storage areas are clean and safe.
- Completes the daily audit, makes daily bank deposits, reviews and approves transmittals and other front office paperwork and reports.
- Responsible for knowing property emergency procedures, OSHA Workplace Standards, and ensures all team members are trained to act in a safe manner at all times and what to do in the event of an emergency or accident at the property.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews daily front office procedures and assures proper transmission of all necessary information to the WoodSpring Hotels corporate office.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operating in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Creates an operating environment that ensures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Establishes and follows appropriate cash control procedures and ensures team members follow appropriate cash control procedures, including making daily bank deposits.
- Establishes and implements company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with RDO, peers, and staff members as necessary.
- Conducts essential sales activity including: inside sales, competitive set lot drives, and sales calls. Sends local, regional, and national leads to RDO and RDFS.
Essential functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions, and demonstrates required knowledge and skills.
- Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Interpersonal Skills: Able to clearly and professionally give and receive information as well as build and maintain rapport with all staff levels.
- Initiative/Action-Orientation: Demonstrates a commitment to effective job performance by taking action on one's own and following through to get the job done. Effectively manages multiple priorities with a results-orientated sense of urgency.
- Adaptability: Open to adjusting to change and adapting to ideas of others.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Generates, evaluates, and implements solutions to problems.
- Able to make sound decisions considering the best interest of the organization.
- Service Focus: Takes a personal interest in ensuring the needs of others including staff, clients, and customers are met.
- Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily work behind the front desk, in public spaces, and occasionally in guest rooms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing, wiping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- College degree preferred or at least 5 years of similar work experience.
- Prior management experience in an extended hotel is preferred.
- Good managerial, administrative and organizational abilities.
- Good people/interpersonal skills for dealing with both staff and guests.
- Must have computer skills including the ability to access and accurately input information into a computer system across different platforms.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver’s license.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.