Posted July 30, 2020Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
To daily care for and maintain gardens and grounds, pruning, fertilizing, planting, weeding, trimming, watering, mowing and cleaning to ensure an aesthetically pleasing environment for guests.
$500 Hiring Bonus (paid in two installments after 90 and 180 days of employment).
Job Purpose: To maintain grounds of hotel, performing any combination of the following tasks.
1. Cut lawns using hand mower, or power mower. Trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls, using clippers, weed cutters, and edging tools.
2. Prune shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs, using shears, pruners, or chain saw. Spray lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides, using hand or automatic sprayer. Rake and bags leaves, or prepares them for incineration.
3. Clean grounds and remove litter using spiked stick or broom.
4. Plant grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs. Water lawn and shrubs.
5. Make minor repairs on equipment such as lawn mowers, and irrigation systems.
6. May repair fences and gates, walls, walks, etc. May paint fences, and outbuildings. May clean out drainage ditches, and culverts.
7. May perform ground maintenance duties using tractor equipped with attachments, such as mowers, lime, or fertilizer spreaders, lawn roller, and snow removal equipment.
8. May sharpen tools.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Work outside for long periods of time and in all kinds of weather, performing tasks that require physical strength and endurance.
2. Follow instructions exactly.
3. Adjust to doing the same kind of work all day long or performing a variety of different tasks on the same day, depending on daily business needs.
4. Work quickly and skillfully with your hands to do such things as operating tractors or lawn mowers.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required
The Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.
Travelers will experience breathtaking Camelback Mountain views from our AAA Four Diamond Scottsdale resort. Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas offers two-bedroom villas that sleep up to eight with a full kitchen and dining area. We are ready to host events in the 25,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor space for up to 800 people. Our resort features a range of meeting spaces, from a large conference in one of our two ballrooms to a wedding reception in our climate-controlled outdoor pavilion (seasonal). An idyllic Phoenix wedding venue, the poolside Oasis Bar is the perfect spot to socialize before and after the ceremony.