Responsible for processing all guest check-ins/check-outs, confirming reservations, assigning rooms, and issuing and activating room keys. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
Front Desk Agent Responsibilities
- Participate and work with departments in the day to day operations of Front Desk, Front Services, Service Express and Guest Services.
- Adhere and have a complete understanding of the Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Creates and ensures a fun-filled and exciting environment where the flawless delivery and execution of service excellence is paramount.
- Responsible for the accurate check-in and check-out of each guest.
- Ensures that all guest contact is courteous, informative and thorough.
- Responsible for posting charges, settling folios for individuals, groups and due-outs communicated through Housekeeping.
- Receives cash, checks, credit cards and comps in payment, obtaining proper approval and authorization.
- Maintains an operating bank, renders bills and issues change.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all messages, mail and packages left for guests and departments within the Hotel/Casino.
- Is responsible for the control of safe deposit transactions.
- Works closely with Department Leaders to ensure that all complimentary and high-end amenity offerings are provided consistent with the agreed upon arrangements.
- Empowered to ensure guests’ problems/complaints are resolved in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Maintains knowledge of Hotel, Community and Special Events to provide guests with superior service.
- Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic demeanor to guests, both internal and external at all times.
- Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Guest Service operations and be able to perform duties - offer suggestions and provides descriptive literature pertaining to trips, excursions, Resort events and hours of operations for Resort outlets
- Completes all other duties assigned.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints efficiently.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest and employee relations.
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at any time of day.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Working knowledge of all inhouse group activities, locations and times set.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Using empowerment and be detail-oriented and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
- Ensure brand required and service programs are executed properly.
- Communicates with key departments (Housekeeping, engineering, Food & Beverage, reservations, Sales and event planning) to ensure luxury 4 Diamond guest experience from arrival to departure.
- Communicate closely with housekeeping and maintenance regarding discrepancies and ensure a luxury 4 diamond experience quality of Front Office.
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems and concerns presented in person or through comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complete all duties and checklists on a daily basis and ensure your supervisor checks completion.
- Ensure Marriott Rewards account number is associated with frequent guest’s accounts and enroll those guests are not already members.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Experience in elevated guest service (4-5 Diamond, 4-5 Stars) highly preferred.
- Degree in Hotel Management preferred.
- Knowledge of effective office organizational practices.
- Ability to customize approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Ability to lead and participate as a member of a team to move the team forward.
- Strong team player and able to motivate a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with the handbook policies.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the property management system.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of each shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Proven ability in leading and motivation people.
- Understanding Financial Statements (P&L).
- Knowledge of Light Speed and GXP preferred.
- Understanding of Budgeting procedures for all Front of the House departments.
- Excellent knowledge of forecasting.
- Understanding purchasing and cost control procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED; 1 year of experience in the Guest Services, Front Desk, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited University in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience in 4 Diamond Rated Hotel preferred
- Opening hotel experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising and leading an operations team to revenue goal achievement
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Great knowledge of chemicals
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Frequently use hands for keyboard and arms to reach.
- Able to communicate effectively in English/Spanish preferred, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Valid Driver's License required
We participate in E-Verify