Grow with us...
Our human resources team, (we prefer to simply call them “people”) plays an integral role in every aspect of our hotels. They are responsible for recruiting (and retaining) the best talent and then keeping them happy. And each one of our amazing People members keeps us humble and focused.
We’re currently searching for a People Operations Director, who will be the guru of People, processes and programs at 1 Hotel West Hollywood. The People Operations Director is the key to a high-performance culture that emphasizes our brand mission and point of view, as well as upholds ambitious standards for every team member, sets them up to attain challenging goals and evolves the workforce and SH culture through ongoing development and ever-evolving needs of the hotel.
The People Operations Director inspires and leads the culture at 1 Hotel West Hollywood. As a member of the Guidance Leadership Team, this role will strategically align people initiatives with the hotel’s business needs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about people, workplaces and culture with a minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in People Operations positions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, team member relations and safety preferred.
- Labor relations experience perferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate People Operations networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred
What you will be doing
Tasks for this role include:
- Oversees the implementation of People Operations programs through People Operations team. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget that includes People Operations services, team member recognition, sports teams support, Pay it Forward, and administration.
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Leads the Engagement process and initiatives at the hotel.
- Participates in guidance, management, team meetings and other meetings at the hotel.
- With the General Manager, annually plans the company's culture initiatives and Pay it forward program.
- Defines all People Operations learning programs, and assigns the responsibility of People Operations and managers within those programs.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and team member development programs.
- Facilitates an in-house team member learning system that addresses the hotel’s learning needs including new team member immersion, onboarding, management development, service culture and standards.
- Oversees the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to hire a talented team.
- Partners with management to communicate People Operations policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determines and recommends team member relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of team member morale and motivation.
- Manages investigations when team member complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
- Reviews team member appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Enlivens the 1 Hotels sustainability culture by highlighting sustainable amenities and design features while engaging with team members and guest alike, recommending nature inspired activities that promote health, wellness and #daylife and sustainable sourced food establishments that offer organic, local and/or seasonal food.
- Leads and participates in all hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and pther team member initatives.
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
- Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
- Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
- Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
- Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
- Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
- Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - you see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
- We encourage walking along our Sunset Canyon before or after work as a way to take in the beauty of our oasis on Sunset Boulevard and the exceptional views of the LA skyline
- Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
- Relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance