The Valet will drive, park and retrieve guest and visitor vehicles as they arrive and depart from the hotel, courteously, safely and efficiently according to the hotel's standards while maintaining cleanliness and organization of the valet area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Park and retrieve guest vehicles with care.
- Responsible for welcoming guests to the hotel and giving a lasting positive impression to departing guests.
- Keep guest vehicle keys secure and organized in the bell-stand.
- Tag and accurately label guest vehicle keys.
- If needed, Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
- If needed, Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
- Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
- Demonstrate use of room key to guests.
- Place guest luggage inside room.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
- Answer Bell Stand telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Remain in assigned post position, maintaining correct stance.
- Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from their rooms and deliver to (where applicable).
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include: a) messages b) mail, faxes c) packages d) flowers e) sundry items requested by guest f) gift items Deliver newspaper by a.m. to specified guest rooms
Education: Less than high school education
Experience: Six months to one year related experience preferred
- Valid drivers' license.
- A clear driving record.
- Ability to drive manual and automatic transmission
- Thorough knowledge of local areas and roads.
- Good understanding of the English language.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain bell
- Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts.
EEO/AA Employer DisclosureCrestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.