The Part-Time Sales Associate is responsible for the customer experience on the sales floor, acting as an in-store ambassador of the Spur Line Brand. This is a great role for someone who has already demonstrated a high level of skill and performance in retail sales and wants to build on those skills.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Lead by example at all times to show how a highly skilled and hospitable associate approaches his/her work in serving guests and helping teammates.
- Develop strong and successful working relationships with co-workers and promote a spirit of inclusivity and teamwork among all team members of Spur Line Supply Co.
- Maintains professionalism and customer service.
- Be knowledgeable of all product offerings and the ability to share product knowledge with customers and teammates.
- Maintain standards and cleanliness of the sales floor, storage areas, and backstock.
- Have the ability to perform all store duties including POS, shipping and receiving, and backstock maintenance.
- Maintain open dialogue with management team by, receiving and giving feedback.
- Someone who enthusiastically shares your knowledge and passion with others and thrives in helping groups of others learn especially when 'geeking out’ on goods carried in the store.
- A role model for others who is a shining example of our hospitality standards in how he/she approaches serving our customers.
- Someone who is patient and adaptive in their environment, a self-starter.
- A superb and direct communicator who imparts information to individuals or large groups effectively and delivers constructive feedback in a way that is effective and kind.
- Professional and reliable - your manager, teammates, and colleagues in other departments can always depend on you and get a timely response or assistance.
- Excited to grow at Spur Line Supply Co. by learning and developing yourself in people development, customer service, and being a contributing team player to all areas of Spur Line Supply Co.’s operations.
- 1+ years working in a retail environment.
- Passion for sharing your product knowledge with customers.
- Familiarity with online collaboration and organization tools including Google Docs/apps.
What you will be doing
- Ability to perform all duties with a sense of ownership by, multi-tasking, take initiative with a focus on pace and productivity.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. You’re on your feet the majority of the day, whether you are standing behind bar pulling shots or walking the sales floor.
- Use of hands to reach, grip, turn and perform precision work. You’re using your hands to operate the register (among other responsibilities)
- As needed squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders. For example, you may have to bend down or reach up to grab inventory from high shelves.
- Ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds. For example, you’ll be handling boxes of shipment, product carts, dollies.
- As needed climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces. For example, climb on a step stool to reach products on the sales floor or in backstock.
- Ability to listen and speak. You’re listening and speaking with our guests to guide and create experiences.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the functions of this position as needed at any of the properties.
Spur Line Supply Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does E-Verify.