Posted December 29, 2020Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh/Waterfront-West Homestead
JOB OVERVIEW: Supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk staff to maximize revenues and profits while attaining optimal guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues and concerns and accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk to comply with SOPS and LSOPs, maximize revenues, and motivate associates to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
4. Supervise the Guest Service Agents.
5. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
301 West Waterfront Drive
Homestead, PA 15120
113 Room Hotel
Find us by the side of Monongahela River. We're walking distance from shopping at the Waterfront and surrounded by neighborhood dining. The Great Allegheny Passage trail runs by our doorstep, ideal after filling up on our daily free hot breakfast. Downtown Pittsburgh is seven miles away. Enjoy our free WiFi, our heated indoor pool, and fitness center.