Posted September 11, 2020Best Western Plus Superior Inn
Located in northeastern Minnesota in beautiful Grand Marais, Best Western Plus Superior Inn is a 66 room hotel located on the shore of majestic Lake Superior. This Onsite General Manager position offers you the opportunity to live onsite at the hotel while managing the day to day operations.
Job Title: General Manager
Job Summary: Oversees all aspects of the hotel operations, including guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, teambuilding, and staff development. Responsible for all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, and budgeting/forecasting. Empowers associates to provide superior customer care to guests, associates, and other visitors.
• Recruits, selects, trains, and manages employees to deliver superior guest services and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals.
• Creates and maintains customer-driven operations, empowering hotel staff to excel in superior customer care.
• Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the hotel's annual budget and long-term business plan. Achieves budgeted sales and maximum profitability.
• Creates new programs in response to market conditions and revenue opportunities.
• Protects the hotel’s financial assets by properly administering policies and procedures for handling cash, credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other
financial transactions. Also, properly administers policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
• Prepares monthly reports for owners.
• Ensures regular assessment and review of all hotel personnel by appropriate management staff.
● Coordinates internal training and development programs.
• Maintains a high personal visibility throughout the property and throughout the community.
• Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of five years of hotel management or supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
• Strong leadership and a professional image.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent decision-making ability and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Thank you for your interest in a applying for a position with Best Western Plus Superior Inn. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications for all positions at any time. We invite you to conveniently submit an application online, and to learn more about our opportunities, philosophy, and commitment to excellence.
Success Built on Service
Our philosophy is SERVICE. The success of our Company is built on the foundation of providing legendary service. Each team member contributes to the overall guest experience by treating guests with the utmost respect, courtesy and friendliness. Our goal is to exceed guests’ expectations and to create an unforgettable experience so they will return, and so they will share their positive experience with others. Our company moto reflects this philosophy, “Service isn’t a big thing, it’s a million little things”.
A “Can-Do” Company
Our Company is only as good as the team members who work with us. We search for the best available people to staff our hotels and spa; people with a positive attitude, a “can-do” spirit, a willingness to perform assigned job duties, and for people who share in our commitment for excellence, and who contribute to a pleasant, gracious and respectful working environment.
At the Best Western Plus Superior Inn, you’re sure to find that little something extra. Our modern design and thoughtful amenities make our Grand Marais hotel stand out among other hotels on the North Shore of Lake Superior. From the big things like Lake Superior views, complimentary hot breakfast, whirlpool and fitness center, to the smaller things like ergonomic desk and chairs, magnifying ligated make-up mirrors, double-headed shower heads and other amenities, we strive to provide a Superior Experience. And, as always, you will receive the superior customer service that you expect from any Best Western Hotel.