Posted September 11, 2020Best Western Plus Superior Inn
Located in northeastern Minnesota in beautiful Grand Marais, Best Western Plus Superior Inn is a 66 room hotel located on the shore of majestic Lake Superior. Join our team as the Director of Housekeeping!
Seeking energetic, enthusiastic, detail oriented applicants with strong organizational & leadership skills. Responsible for cleaning, training, supervising, scheduling, and contributing to an extraordinary guest experience while maintaining the hotel’s high standards. This is a year around position with daytime hours; involves weekdays & weekends; must be willing and able to work Saturdays & Sundays. Housekeeping experience preferred. Applicant will manage the operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure maximum profitability and service quality. When achieving these goals, assure that guest and employee safety and security are prioritized, and that guest needs and expectations are met.
• Responsible for maintaining cleanliness, neatness and good repair of all hotel areas. Practice preventive maintenance whenever possible. Communicates all maintenance & repairs needed using prescribed methods.
• Inspects the premises; guest rooms, pool areas, public areas, laundry room, housekeeping storage rooms, & other areas to ensure that all other team members are maintaining the property’s high standards of housekeeping.
• Performs and directs activities related to breakfast tear-down and clean up using hotel’s prescribed methods. Ensure timely clean-up & maintenance of cleanliness & organization of the breakfast rooms, main entrances, and registration areas.
• Assist Management with scheduling and executing special cleaning programs as required. I.e. – Weekly, quarterly & seasonal deep housecleaning, shower curtains, high dusting, window washing, etc.
• Monitor and maintain clean, neat, well stocked and organized store rooms and laundry room storage areas. Assures that employees maintain the property’s standards for these.
• Monitor & maintain inventory of linens and housekeeping supplies at all times. Alert General Manager when supplies are getting low.
Please apply online at www.hhlodging.com.
Thank you for your interest in a applying for a position with Best Western Plus Superior Inn. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications for all positions at any time. We invite you to conveniently submit an application online, and to learn more about our opportunities, philosophy, and commitment to excellence.
Success Built on Service
Our philosophy is SERVICE. The success of our Company is built on the foundation of providing legendary service. Each team member contributes to the overall guest experience by treating guests with the utmost respect, courtesy and friendliness. Our goal is to exceed guests’ expectations and to create an unforgettable experience so they will return, and so they will share their positive experience with others. Our company moto reflects this philosophy, “Service isn’t a big thing, it’s a million little things”.
A “Can-Do” Company
Our Company is only as good as the team members who work with us. We search for the best available people to staff our hotels and spa; people with a positive attitude, a “can-do” spirit, a willingness to perform assigned job duties, and for people who share in our commitment for excellence, and who contribute to a pleasant, gracious and respectful working environment.
At the Best Western Plus Superior Inn, you’re sure to find that little something extra. Our modern design and thoughtful amenities make our Grand Marais hotel stand out among other hotels on the North Shore of Lake Superior. From the big things like Lake Superior views, complimentary hot breakfast, whirlpool and fitness center, to the smaller things like ergonomic desk and chairs, magnifying ligated make-up mirrors, double-headed shower heads and other amenities, we strive to provide a Superior Experience. And, as always, you will receive the superior customer service that you expect from any Best Western Hotel.