Responsible for performing general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction. Treats guests in friendly and helpful manner.
- Assists with preventative maintenance and completing work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl etc. to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality to standard.
- Performs other preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis such as “room care”.
- Assists in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and makes minor repairs and or replacement.
- Assists in checking and making minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Refurbishes furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paints and finishes furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Responds in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly; be willing and able to comply with hotel policies and procedures including appearance and grooming, safety, security, key control and emergency procedures.
- Must be skilled in HVAC, boilers, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
- Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance and be willing and able to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Maintains the building exterior and curb appeal for snow removal, lawn care, painting, and other gardening.
- Maintains all franchise standards and follow-up on inspection deficiencies.
- Investigates guest complaints.
- Ensures that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for Property, Product, and People.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Supports established policies and procedures for the hotel.
- Assists in conducting the departmental operational audits and assists in developing corrective action plans.
- Supports hotel’s training needs and efforts.
- Responsible for performing “other duties” as assigned by management.
SKILLS & TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Must have 2-3 years maintenance experience.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each immediately.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all operating departments including rooms, front office, housekeeping, engineering, accounting and sales. PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working in assigned area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to perform all job duties including lifting, moving heavy loads, be on feet for long periods of time, etc.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Work in cold & hot temperatures, indoors & outdoors.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.