Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other kitchen staff. Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Prepare special meals or substitute items. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
• Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
• Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
• Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
• Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with needed items.
• Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
• Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations.
• Serve as departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.