Accounting: Corporate Director of Accounting
Directly Reporting To: Chairman, President and SVP of Operations
Why Coastal Hospitality Associates?
Coastal Hospitality is a full-service hotel management company with more than 30 years of experience managing hotels with major brands in Virginia and North Carolina. Our reputation for excellence is indicated by the numerous awards and citations we’ve received from our Franchisors over the years.
At Coastal Hospitality Associates, LLC, we constantly strive to find new and better ways of providing true hospitality with the highest level of consistent service. You will find that our commitment to be the best reaches into every department of our business
How You Will Contribute to Coastal’ s Success:
- Supervise all accounting functions for each property and the corporate office.
- Prepare the financial documents within the time frames supplied in the closing schedule and according to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and the Uniform System of Accounts, AHLEI - 11th Edition.
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for each property: management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds. Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the General Managers and corporate office team. Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Oversight and preparation and maintenance of regular financial reporting and records; Monthly profit and loss forecast and cash flow forecast. Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- On a monthly basis, maintain balance sheet analysis with full supporting detail and prepare accurate forecasts and cash flow statements upon request.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use, and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary
- Ensure successful treasury cash management, compliance with the management agreements and attendant legal documents.Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions
- Ensure all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by management teams to make sure owners, General Managers and the corporate office are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured. Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the property's assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Coach company department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques.
- Continuously monitor economic, social, and governmental trends and policies to ensure that management is kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel or food and beverage outlet(s) in meeting its financial objectives.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Chairman, President, SVP of Operations and accounting team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and selection of outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors). Assist as needed in 401(k) plan review, annual business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop and direct divisional leadership on strategic and tactical business practices, improvements and recommendations.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of annual budgets and business plans. Develop and oversee capital budget planning and execution.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company's corporate strategic plan and collaboration with external organizations and business partners.
- Oversee the accounting vendors, practices, systems and function; Direct supervision of company accounting staff and all 3rd party providers. Includes coordination of required audits, filing of tax returns, legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions. Oversee and ensure that all the company and hotels local, state and federal required business licenses and permits are always current.
- Ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability while overseeing internal, external, regulatory audit processes and financial Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop and maintain the means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyze differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning while providing analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.Leverage strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property's strategies and to lead the accounting team.
Specific Experience We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Studies is required. A Master's Degree and/or CPA is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting with 2 to 3 years Director level experience in hospitality finance is prefered.
- Experience with M3 or similar accounting package.
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent communication skills. Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; current technology expertise and application skills.
- Excellent financial modeling, project management, and critical thinking skills with a strong work ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
While performing the duties of this job, you will regularly be required to sit for extended periods of time, to stand, walk, talk and hear. You frequently are required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, telephone, calculator, and office equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Coastal Hospitality provides an excellent compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), travel discounts and paid time off.
We are not able to sponsor candidates for employment. All candidates must have proper authorization to work in the USA.