Posted November 16, 2020Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh-Southpointe
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations.
3. Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience.
4. Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
5. Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems.
6. Review purchase requests and monitor expenses budget to ensure goals are met/exceeded.
7. Assist in the administration of the department by preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must be able to recognize potential safety hazards and security problems in the hotel and act upon each accordingly. Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment. Must be willing and able to be responsive to complaints about maintenance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
We are less than a mile from Printscape Arena at Southpointe and two miles away from McDowell Lane Sports Complex and Bella Sera venue. Tee off at Valley Brook Country Club five miles away. Select from diverse dining options less than a mile from us. WiFi, breakfast and our evening social, Monday – Thursday, are free.