Assists Special Events Director & Shift Managers in the creation, development, implementation and execution of all promotions, special events, etc. for the property and outside exhibitions. Provides additional support as needed to the Marketing management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Special Events Manager in creating and maintaining special events calendar to ensure continued revenue objectives are met and promotions/events are prepared for in a timely manner.
- Work with Casino Marketing team to create new special events and follow up with the execution of events.
- Must be comfortable in large group settings and able to MC promotions/events.
- Provide support in the areas of reception, filing, reporting and tracking for all aspects of special events.
- Assist in preparing, obtaining approval signatures, and submissions to ACGC.
- Assist in the preparation of all paperwork distributed to other departments to inform them of any upcoming events and promotions as well as whats needed from their department (i.e. cash requests, alcohol requests, IT Requests, etc.)
- Coordinate all paperwork needed for all promotional events including but not limited to winners logs and winners release forms.
- Assist with monitoring and executing promotions and events for compliance with the approved submission. Responsible for providing feedback on the execution of promotions and events including guest satisfaction.
- Arrange and order all necessary promotional materials including but not limited to decorations and gifts for the events and promotions.
- Work closely with support departments that are involved with the execution of the events. (EVS, Engineering, IT, Food & Beverage, Slot Department, Table Games Department, etc.)
- Provide support for overall SRC management team.
- Maintain timely procedures for the tracking and execution of all pertinent invoices and bills with regard to special events and off property events.
- Provide excellent guest service and willing to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required.
- Comply with all applicable Tribal regulations, internal controls and policies and procedures. Document and report all exceptions/variations/deviations immediately upon awareness.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 1 year Event Management and/or Promotional experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills and have the ability to work with all departments.
- Must have exceptional customer relations skills and innovative thinking for the development of promotions and events.
- Must be able to communicate in English (Spanish a plus.)
- Must be completely proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must have excellent grammatical skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 1 mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/workstation for the duration of the shift. Also may be subjected to a smoke filled environment.Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $17.50 Per Hour
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.