Winston Hospitality is looking for an Executive Housekeeper for its full service 181 room AC Hotel by Marriott in San Antonio, TX. The ideal candidate should have previous Executive Housekeeping experience and a proven track record of directing and motivating a team!
The Executive Housekeeper will be responsible for providing supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained according to brand and company established guidelines. Responsible for training and motivating employees.
- Responsible for working with all departments to ensure Guest & Employee Satisfaction.
- Investigates guest complaints.
- Responsible for implementing proper standards and procedures for housekeeping staff as to brand and company standards.
- Responsible for inspecting and evaluating physical condition of guestroom and public area product.
- Responsible for inventories of guest supplies and amenities including equipment on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for payroll process, approving time cards in ADP. (To be trained over the course of 3 months)
- Supervises Housekeeping Supervisors, Room Attendants, House-persons, Inspectors, and Public Area Attendants.
- Responsible for training all housekeeping and laundry staff according to expectations and standards.
- Responsible for inventory controls for linens and supplies.
- Responsible for evaluating condition of furniture, fixtures.
- Responsible for ensuring that Quality Standards and Service are maintained as to Property, Product and People.
- Responsible for making sure all safety procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for participating on the hotel Safety Committee.
- Responsible for compliance with fire and safety issues.
- Responsible for planning and conducting staff meetings and attend various other related meetings throughout hotel.
- Responsible for providing assistance and instruction to employees and makes routine hiring decisions.
- Communicates daily with other management, and department heads and employees to ensure proper operating procedures are in compliance.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Ensures Security for the hotel’s customers, employees, and property assets.
- Enforces established policies and procedures for hotel and company.
- Supports hotel’s training needs and efforts.
- Responsible for performing “other duties” as assigned by management.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Ability to obtain any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have basic knowledge of sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of brand standards and corporate policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property.
- Must have basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting.
- Must have exceptional supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, and contractors.
- Must have the ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping service activities.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel.
- Must have the ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system for room inventory control.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including 10 key adding machines, personal computers, fax machines, and photo copiers.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues
- Work in cold & hot temperatures
- Possibly be exposed to second hand smoke
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and including 50 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.