Maintains the hotel and hotel rooms in a guest ready state. Works closely with the General Manager (GM) to perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks to ensure each room and hotel public spaces adhere to brand standards ensuring guest readiness.
This position is an on-site position. An on-site employee is defined as an employee who is offered a room as part of their employment and who is regularly on the overnight on-call schedule. On-Site employees are not required to live on-site, it is optional. On-site employees are regularly on-call to respond to after-hours check-ins, guest lockouts, cleaning needs, or emergencies at the hotel. During the hours that an employee is on-call, they are not required to be at the property but must respond to all on-call needs within 30 minutes.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position with rotating weekday and weekend shifts. Work shifts vary by day and week and depending upon business needs.
- Receives a list of rooms at the start of shift to identify rooms and public spaces to be cleaned during shift.
- Maintains an orderly cart utilizing company and brand standards. The cart contains clean linens, towels, toiletry items, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, broom, dustpan and mop. Carts should be stocked and ready to go at the beginning and end of the Room Attendant’s shift.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways so that health standards are met, and the property is clean to company standards.
- Cleans doors, door frames, vents, windows, cabinets, walls, outlets, packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) and windows.
- Cleans and inspects fire prevention devices (smoke alarms and sprinklers).
- Inspects rooms and public areas to accepted health and safety standards for pest control. Notifies GM if a pest control concern is observed at the hotel.
- Replaces soiled linen and towels, disinfects bathroom surfaces, dusts or wipes down all surfaces, sweeps and mops all floors.
- Replenishes room supplies, toilet paper, soap, trash liners, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets and transports other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observes precautions required to protect hotel and guests, immediately reports any damage to a room, as well as any contents that should not be in a room (drugs, weapons, animals, etc.) to the GM.
- Notifies GM of any maintenance issues.
- Notifies GM of leftover guest belongings and bags and tags the items.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and organized.
- Washes and folds laundry.
- From time to time, employees in this position may be asked to cover at another hotel in their area during critical staffing needs.
- Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
- Job Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of the job and applies that knowledge effectively, satisfactorily performs essential job functions and demonstrates required knowledge and skills.
- Quality of Work: Performs at a high level of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Reliability: Can be depended upon to complete work properly and on time, trustworthy, and follows work rules and policies.
- Teamwork: Good team member, works well with others.
- Attendance: Consistency in coming to work on time, completing shifts, and demonstrates good attendance by working scheduled shifts.
- Communication/Professionalism: Interacts with guests, team members, vendors, and others both orally and written in a professional manner.
- Productivity: Produces high levels of outputs in a timely manner under normal and high pressure conditions while following company procedures.
- Core Values: Committed to following company core values of people first, integrity, transparency, operational excellence, and collaboration.
No supervisory responsibility.
This position will be located at a hotel and primarily in guest rooms, laundry room, and public spaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Continuous standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, moving about, and lifting furniture/furnishings.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing, wiping.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals (cleaning materials), odors, dirt and dust.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the requirements of this position if such accommodations do not create an undue hardship for the company.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior housekeeping or custodian experience preferred.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Friendly, cooperative manner and patience in dealing with customers and staff.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
Nationwide Hotel Management Company participates in E-Verify for every employee.
NHMC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.