Reporting directly to Vice President of Operations, this position requires strong leadership and organizational skills combined with a high degree of operations, business and financial acumen to drive favorable results in support of the Company's goals and objectives.
The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) for Joella's Hot Chicken provides direct supervision and support to the general managers of restaurants within a geographic area (5-12 stores) to ensure delivery of a superior service product and to maximize the profits of the restaurants. As the immediate supervisor of a group of general managers, performs human resources functions to ensure that staff are selected, trained, counseled and rewarded to maintain performance standards. The RDO lives out the core values of our company each day and holds their team to the same standard.
Our 7 core values are the following:
Integrity -- Being honest and having strong moral principles.
Service -- Providing assistance and accommodations that are above expectations.
Grit -- Approaching personal and professional achievements and staying the course regardless of challenges and setback.
Respect -- Treating others as you would like to be treated.
Empowerment - Possessing the capability to deliver superior satisfaction.
Ambition - The desire to achieve something through determination and hard work.
Teamwork - Working collaboratively with a group to achieve a common goal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reviewing the P&L of each restaurant in the market and identifying potential/present problems and locating source of variance in business operations.
- Directs operational and procedural activities for each unit in the market ensuring compliance with standards in the areas of quality, guest service, food cost, labor hours/costs, safety (OSHA), security, cleanliness, product preparation and employee relations and administration. Identifies problem areas and directs the General Manager in executing means to improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local laws and regulations in the areas of health, safety, labor and employment, as well as any applicable company policies, guidelines and procedures. Communicates all pertinent Joella's Hot Chicken information to restaurant personnel.
- Selects, hires, trains and develops General Managers and Restaurant Managers, conducts performance reviews, administers salaries and initiates disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Directs General managers in the maintenance of restaurant equipment and facility, including: makes independent decisions regarding equipment repair or replacement, contacts approved outside vendors; approves invoices with dollar authority and follows-up on costs and/or questions with vendors; recommends required capital maintenance expenditures; and provides input in the capital budgeting process.
- Reviews administrative tasks including: personnel paperwork (new hire, terminations, leaves of absence, injury, etc.), conducts General Manager Orientations, oversees various audits, inventory and ordering of miscellaneous items.
- Directs General Managers in planning, coordinating and implementing restaurant marketing activities in the local community to promote Joella's Hot Chicken products and service and to enhance community relations through special promotions, sponsorships, local advertising, etc.
- Investigates, resolves and responds to guest complaints. Performs other related activities in accordance with policies and procedures as assigned by management.
- Responsible for the supervision of 20 -- 50 salaried managers.
- Salary for this position ranges from $70K to $80K per year
- 3-5 + years of Multi-Unit Restaurant Management experience
- Quick Service or Fast Casual Restaurant experience a plus
- Manager ServSafe Certified
- Restaurant Management: 2 years (Required)
- QSR: 2 years (Required
- ServSafe Manager (Required)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.