Under the direction of the Special Events Shift Manager, the Special Events Shift Manager is responsible for supervising all promotions and events for Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa (or Spa Resort Casino). Effectively manage, track and report on all aspects of promotions and events, while providing additional support to the overall management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Special Events Ops Manager in creating and maintaining special events calendar to ensure continued revenue objectives are met and promotions/events are prepared for in a timely manner.
- Plan, budget and oversee assigned projects.
- Delegate and supervise tasks to Special Events Coordinators with the approval of the Special Events Manager. This includes but is not limited to the creation, preparation, and execution of all casino promotions and events with a high degree of quality support, to ensure the smooth running of daily promotional operations.
- Assist with the development of all event/promotion related materials, including but not limited to proformas, postformas, write-ups, event and promotional checklists, along with property communications and post event analysis.
- Works closely with the ACGC to procure approved Gaming Submissions, Revisions to approved Gaming Submissions, Cancellations, etc. Ensure all events are conducted as stated in the official approved marketing gaming submissions.
- May assist in performing the daily events and promotions operational functions along with preparing daily paper work, filing documents, product pick-up and delivery, and performing various other departmental duties.
- Work closely with support departments that are involved with the execution of the events. (EVS, Engineering, IT, Food & Beverage, Slot Department, Table Games Department, etc.). Assist and support property-wide special projects, promotions/events and/or initiatives.
Works with the Purchasing Department on various tasks including but not limited to:
- Securing the most ideal decor and products for every promotion or event,
- Managing inventory levels on all promotional items for promotions/events and stock
- Tracking lead-times and deliveries of goods and services
- Ensuring the execution of agreed-upon contracts with all outside vendors.
- Assist with proofing of all advertising materials related to promotions and events.
- Responsible for maintaining effective use of resources, scheduling, staff levels, expense tracking, purchases, etc.
- Represents the Special Events/Marketing team in promotion and events activities off-site.
- Maintains cost and resources for promotions and events. Maintain timely procedures for the tracking and execution of all pertinent invoices and bills with regard to special events and off property events.
- Timely responds and resolves guest inquiries and disputes/issues ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Comply with all applicable Tribal regulations, internal controls and policies and procedures. Documents and reports all exceptions/variations/deviations immediately to Special Events Management and/or ACGC.
- Special Events Coordinators.
- Responsible for supervising promotions and/or events in the absence of the manager or Director.
Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning work and performance reviews for Special Events Coordinators.
Access to Sensitive Areas and Information
As per the ACGC Access Matrix
All forms related to assigned areas
Complimentary Vouchers per Complimentary Matrix
Promotion forms as defined and approved by the Gaming Commission
HR related forms
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 or more years of marketing, events and/or casino promotion experience preferred, or the educational and working experience equivalent.
- Must have experience with creating, planning and executing events and promotions in the casino industry or a related industry.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and systematic abilities, along with communication, presentation and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure while maintaining excellent guest service skills.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel software programs.
- In-depth understanding of the management and operations of all casino and tourism business.
- Advanced customer service skills and stage presence skills desired.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to stand, move and work throughout the office area and properties, including walking up to 3+ mile, climbing stairs and sitting at a desk/work station for the duration of the shift. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment. Typically the individual will be housed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but will escalate when located in the casino environment. Must be able to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a minimum of 25 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including, but not limited to: a computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.