The ideal candidate is someone who is skilled and passionate about software engineering and content management systems – with a specialty in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) development and fluency in both front end and backend technologies.
You will work within an agile team of made up of engineers, product owner, quality assurance (QA) as well as user experience (UX) individuals. Together, the team is responsible for building out cutting edge, web-based ecommerce and marketing solutions for our guests. The team also collaborates with other development and operations teams using DevOps tools and culture to deliver software to customers early and often.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 & Up and AEM Core components (Example: Sling, OSGI, JCR, Dispatcher)
- Experience building AEM Components and Templates to provide omni-channel content to Hyatt.com and mobile app users.
- Understanding of Content Fragment Models, Content Fragments & Experience Fragments.
- Well-versed with AEM workflows setup and maintenance as well as User and Group Management.
- Java (OSGi, JSP, Servlets) skills and hands-on experience with Sightly (AEM Templating language) and CoralUI/ TouchUI frameworks.
- Working with Java or similar to design and implement RESTful web services.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and design patterns.
- Comprehension to take a visual design and bring it to life with CSS with the skills to be able to position and layout elements as designed across multiple breakpoints.
Other desired skills include:
- Likes to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Takes the initiative to always improve and learn from others.
- Works well within a team setting with both on-site and remote teammates.
- Adapts well to working in code that may not be your own.
- Strives to look for reuseable/extendable solutions to problems.
- Embraces unit testing and coding standards.
- Familiarity with a front end framework such as React.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a commitment to Hyatt core values: respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun.
Additionally, they will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- You are a software craftsman who values quality over quantity, but you are not a zealot or perfectionist.
- You have experience working in agile environments that have embraced DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices.
- You like to build upon platforms composed of loosely coupled, contractually obligated services. Terms like API Façade make you smile.
- You are a maker and you are driven by the thought of seeing your creation in the hands of millions of customers.
- You like the challenge of simplifying complex systems, and you always consider the big picture even when acting locally.
- 3+ years of experience AEM Experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with backend and front-end technologies.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
We are a global hospitality company with widely recognized, industry leading brands and a tradition of innovation developed over our more than fifty-year history. Our mission is to provide authentic hospitality by making a difference in the lives of the people we touch every day. We focus on this mission in pursuit of our goal of becoming the most preferred brand in each segment that we serve for our associates, guests and owners. We support our mission and goal by adhering to a set of core values that characterize our culture.
Our full service hotels operate under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency® brands. Our two select service brands are Hyatt Place® and Hyatt Summerfield Suites™. We develop, sell and manage vacation ownership properties under the Hyatt Vacation Club® brand.
Our associates, whom we also refer to as members of the Hyatt family, consist of over 80,000 individuals working at our corporate and regional offices and our managed, franchised and owned properties in 45 countries around the world. Our corporate headquarters are located in Chicago, Illinois.
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met—they’re exceeded. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It’s a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, yet reaps great rewards... whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt. We believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who exceed their service expectations. In today's competitive environment, that says a lot about who we are. We care about our associates and we care about our guests.
At Hyatt, hospitality isn't just a business; it’s a calling. It’s a calling evidenced in the thousands of decisions and interactions made everyday by passionate employees throughout our company. Because hospitality is the core of who we are, it extends well beyond our guests. Our unique brand of authentic hospitality is also experienced by our employees.
We do this by infusing every facet of the Hyatt employee experience with the same degree of hospitality that we show our guests.
The success of Hyatt is driven by over 80,000 associates around the world who provide authentic hospitality and strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day. The Hyatt culture is built around a 50-year tradition of innovation and excellence, a deep understanding of the hospitality industry and a passionate commitment to delivering the most rewarding experience possible to our guests and our associates. Mission: We provide authentic hospitality. We make a difference in the lives of those we 'touch' everyday—that is our definition of hospitality. We do this in an environment that respects all people and all ideas. We do it in an efficient way that leads to superior results. Goals: We aspire to be the preferred brand in each of the segments we serve. Most preferred among our employees, guests and owners. Values: Mutual Respect, Intellectual Honesty, Integrity. Humility, Fun, Creativity and Innovation.
Hyatt believes in its employees in celebrating success and in highlighting accomplishments! Employees take pride in being part of such a collaborative environment. As an employee of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition, but you’ll also be a part of a family-friendly atmosphere consistently labeled with "great camaraderie". You’ll feel a tremendous sense of pride when you’re recognized for your contributions to our exceptional guest experiences. Hyatt is equally committed to ensuring that you, your family or domestic partner stay healthy, take advantage of opportunities, plan for the future and take time to enjoy life. As healthy and happy people, Hyatt employees are committed to working in our collaborative environment. Hyatt's worldwide recognition and rewards programs will vary depending on the country. Local benefit packages will be offered for those hotels outside of North America.
We know that quality health and welfare care for you and your family or domestic partner is top priority. Hyatt’s medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage is designed to give employees and their families the opportunity to obtain comprehensive and quality health care services at reasonable costs utilizing a large network of medical professionals. Combined with unique discounts for alternative health options and fitness services, Hyatt employees take advantage of the special programs offered like the Moms-to-Babies and the Healthy Outlook Programs. Hyatt puts their employees in control of their benefits by providing easy-to-use tools to help manage them effectively and by offering a range of benefits to best meet their needs. When the need arises, Hyatt's leave policies, allow ample time off for personal, medical, new child, military or to care for a family member. Successfully being able to cope with life's everyday challenges equates to a healthy and productive work environment. The LifeBalance assistance program Hyatt offers has proven to act as a strong source of reference and is available anytime.