Downtown is looking for it's next Chef
Perform all methods of cookery, portion control, garnishing of dishes and follow recipes in accordance with standards set forth by brand. Follow direction in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure production of food in a timely manner.
• Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with standards.
• Control proper usage and rotation of food.
• Alert direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on culinary operations.
• Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis.
• Maintain a neat, clean and sanitary workstation.
• Ensure work station and all equipment is clean and sanitized prior to the change of shift.
• Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift.
• Assist other departments as needed.
• Carry out duties and responsibilities of job as deemed necessary.
• Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set by management team.
• Perform other job duties as assigned
• Adhere to all Property and Department standards including Safety Guidelines.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1 – 3 years prior culinary experience.
• Complete safety trainings and certifications.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Basic oral and written communication skills and able to follow instructions.
• Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip and oil resistant, enclosed toe and heel.
• Must have the physical strength, stamina and agility to perform the assigned duties to include lifting objects up to 25 pounds.
• Requires problem solving abilities.
• Maintain a clean, safe and environmentally responsible work environment.
• Must be able to interact with the TEAM