Join our 5-Diamond Team!
What's in it for you? Top pay - Flexible scheduling - Company provided uniforms and dry cleaning benefits - Resort discounts - Company provided 5-diamond training & certifications . . . and so much more!
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must have experience with luxury resorts, restaurant's and fast paced environment
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must know basic service steps (how to wait a table) and have a good understanding of beverages - alcoholic and nonalcoholic.
JOB SUMMARY: Insure members have a very enjoyable dining experience by having a positive attitude, knowing the product, delivering top quality service, knowing and using the member’s names, exceeding the members’ expectations, and being a team player. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Be punctual at all times and arrive to work on time, consistently.
2. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
3. Clothing must be in proper taste, crisp, clean, and in good repair, upon entering the property, including wearing name tag. Demeanor must be professional and welcoming.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; Management has final approval.
5. Become proficient on all appropriate equipment and safety features.
6. Learn and follow all safety procedures, especially those pertaining to lifting and carrying heavy objects.
7. Make sure all side work is complete, before opening.
8. Set up tables: glass and silver are clean and lined up properly; salt and pepper shakers are clean and filled; chairs, including legs and table bases are clean; flowers look good; ashtrays are on table and clean; sugar holders are full and clean; and table cloth is crisp and hanging properly.
9. Attend pre-shift meeting to learn daily specials, and miscellaneous information.
10. Greet members and their guests IMMEDIATELY and with a SMILE.
11. Guide members and their guests through the course of their dining experience, communicating frequently with them.
12. Communicate with the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager as to when to close.
13. Clean station and side work as required.
14. Check out with the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager before leaving.
15. Perform other jobs that will assist in quality member service as assigned by the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager.
16. Take monthly inventory of china, glass and silver when assigned.
compensation: $5.54 + grats
Offering 250 luxurious rooms and suites, premier golf and tennis programs and an indulgent spa, Ponte Vedra Inn & Club has been the seaside destination of choice for four generations of guests. A Florida landmark since opening in 1928, the charming 300-acre resort is located in the picturesque seaside village of Ponte Vedra Beach, just 20 miles southeast of Jacksonville.
The Inn is celebrated as one of the great Florida resorts — a refuge for recreation, relaxation, romance and reflection; a family vacation favorite; and, a premier year-round option for weddings, social events, business meetings, corporate retreats and incentive outings.
Just the mere mention of the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club conjures up images of quiet opulence, stateliness and history. A Florida landmark since its celebrated opening in 1928, this 300 acre oceanfront club is a perfect refuge where world-class recreation, classic cuisine and organized activities abound. It’s here that four generations of members have delighted in the Ponte Vedra experience where social grace and casual elegance are more a way of life than a slogan.