This position is concerned with the implementation of Information Technology to the hotel in accordance with Hilton’s Information Technology strategies and priorities as well as measuring Information Technology costs, benefits and performance in the hotel and providing this information to hotel management and the Regional Information Systems Manager.What will I be doing?
- To maximise and protect hotel profitability through the leverage of Information Technology, training and operational best practices.
- Maximise opportunities to reduce IT costs through effective purchasing & negotiating maintenance contracts.
- Identify and propose opportunities to augment revenue.
- Responsible for timely preparation and submission of all IT budgets.
- Responsible for the management and control of all IT expense according to an agreed plan.
- Ensure a business continuity plan is established and tested for all parts of the business.
- To ensure the highest possible IT service is provided to the agreed standards and best practices.
- Work with Business Management to expedite access and better utilization of information.
- Implement & exploit telephony services to HI minimum defined standards.
- Ensure guest IT queries are managed to defined standards with minimal risks.
- To ensure brand standards are communicated and maintained for Guest and Business Service.
- Ensure the hotel adopts and maintains brand standards for guests and business services in relation to IT services and offerings.
- Consistently promote the brand and encourage the use of the brand by IT suppliers.
- Ensure IT resources are maintained in the hotel to support the commercial & business needs.
- Identify and ensure all hotel data has ownership and accountability within the organization.
- Ensure a successor is identified and trained to the standard.
- Provide IT support to other Hilton hotel when required.
- Cross Train other hotel IT personnel to provide cover.
- To maintain standards and best practices in the hotel and evaluate compliance.
- Manage and monitor local vendors and / or local representatives of global / area vendors.
- Ensure that hotel data is secured and in line with stated standards and best practices.
- Ensure Access Control is in line with stated standards and best practices.
- Ensure regular self evaluations of IT practices are completed and communicated.
- Source, evaluate and implement local solutions where appropriate within a framework agreed by Area V.P. IT.
- Manage local implementation projects.
- Communicate Status, Risks, Opportunities to GM, hotel Management and Regional & Area IT management.
- Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
- The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Good personality to deal with guest.
- To be capable of training the team member.
- Project Management Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- IT qualification / training
- Sound technical understanding of the management of IT in a service organization
- Fluent spoken English is desirable.
- Five to seven years housekeeping department experience in possessing overall aspect in both cleaning and service, well verse in every individual duties.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Experience in similar capacity with international chain hotels.
- Working experience within Hilton Group.
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!